4.2

2000 Chevrolet Blazer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer:

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Jan 012009

Blazer

2000 Chevy Blazer has ABS light come on. When this occurs the brakes do not work. It does not matter if the speed is extremely low-or going 55mph-65mph depending on posted speed limit. If you barely touch them it slips/does not grab. If you try to pump the brake pedal it goes to the floor two or three times before catching. You can hear a noise before the ABS light comes on-you can feel the brake pedal get tight and then real loose before light comes on. The light does not stay on, nor do you have a warning about it coming on. I just had new brake pads and rotors put on- the brakes should be better than new- however, does'nt matter if they are being told by a sensor or other computer chip/light that they don't work! I've been told it is the ABS brake motor valve body assembly part, that is malfunctioning. Please investigate before somebody gets hurt or dies. There is also another woman at my work who has the same vehicle and has the same problem on occassion, they have spent days trying to identify the problem.

- Gladewater, TX, USA

May 302003

Blazer 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2000 Chevrolet Blazer. The contact took her vehicle to an authorized dealer and they stated that the frame, control arm, and torsion bar had excessive rust. The technician stated that in order for the vehicle to be classified as safe, she would have to replace the entire frame and members at her expense because the vehicle exceeded its warranty. The vehicle has not been repaired. The manufacturer did not assist. The failure mileage was 15,000 and current mileage was 24,000. Updated 10/14/08 the rotors had to be replaced due to rust build-up. The driver side door pins, bushings and retainer had to be replaced due to rust. Updated 10/15/08.

- Quinwood, WV, USA

Nov 302005

Blazer 4WD 6-cyl

Brake rotors are so rusty they must be replaced.

- State College, PA, USA

Jun 152003

Blazer

1. secundairy airpump 2. multifunction switch (initial recall never rec'd, only reimbursed for $218)

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Mar 152003

Blazer

Within 2 months of purchase, the brakes went out, the rotors were peeling like hungry man biscuits, replacement of all 4 rotors and shoes were done, ABS still not working. Local Chevy dealer unsure of problem. Check engine light continues on, Chevy dealer does not know why. Now at 7 1/2 months of ownership, torque converter is "coming apart" according to aamco. It has a terrible whin and we are having it looked at by a local transmision shop today (8/26/03). I feel that the dealership that sold me this SUV, I am the second owner, should have noticed some of this happening or starting to happen at the time of purchase.

- Holiday, FL, USA

May 082002

Blazer 4WD

The suspension on the vehicle...the control arm upper and lower ball joints and the sensors for the bas brakes all went at once...also the gasoline sensors in the vehicle..the gas amount never registers and the needle flips back and forth and I have researched similiar reports on the net and have found that all these issues are a major frequently occuring problem with the vehicles... I own a 2000 Chevy Blazer...I feel that the manufacturer of this vehicle should be fixing this problems...I have already paid for the ball joints and upper/lower arm and sensor to be fixed at a massive cost to me of over $1000 the vehicle is constantly having to have repairs done some of which are due to normal wear and tear but for all kinds of sensors to be going a truck is ridiculous..I am also as of a week ago experiencing problems with the door locks...the fuse for that equipment blows on a regualr basis..I have paid for vehicle diagnostics throught the portsmouth nh Chevy dealer and they have found all kinds of other major problems with this vehicle..the cost of the vehicle was 18000 and by next year I will probably have spent $6-7000 trying to fix this vehicle.

- Alton, NH, USA