$1,200.00

2. transmission rebuild (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Blazer transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer:

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Jun 082013

Blazer LS 3.4L

ONE OF THE MECHANICS FIXED SOME OF THE PROBLEMS FOR TRANSMISSION BUT STILL GIVING THE CODE TO REPAIR BECAUSE THE ENGINE SERVICE LIGHT IS ON.

- , Stafford, VA, USA

May 312010

Blazer 4WD 4.3L V6

I own a 2000 Chevrolet blazer. It has been nothing but trouble from day 1, but I really enjoy the car. On my way home from out of town I heard a loud pop while driving on the highway. I pulled over to a rest stop to check the car and everything looked fine. I backed out and made it home ok. The next day I drove to work and then drove home and it was fine. A little later in the evening I was taking a short drive. On my way up my street I heard the loud pop again but made it to my destination. When I tried to back out of the place I was at when I was ready to leave, the transmission made a grinding noise when I shifted to reverse and it would not go in reverse. After talking to a few people, my mechanic included, I was told it is an internal transmission problem. I have not yet fixed this, nor have I decided if i should fix it or just look for a used car.

- , Wilkes Barre, PA, USA

Mar 102007

Blazer 4.3

I had just bought the blazer when home on leave from iraq so my wife would have a dependable ride, wrong move. I would have done better to buy the 1995 honda civic for 500. but i bought into the whole newer the better. B/S. i had to get transmission rebuilt. my wife got up in the morn' to take kids to school put P. O. S. in reverse and all that was heard was grinding like the clutch wasn't in all the way only this was an automatic

- , Rincon, GA, USA