8.7

1. new fuel pump (2 reports)
2001 Chevrolet Blazer fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Blazer:

2001 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Jul 292014

Blazer

Ugh! Kept coughing a lot, even after just filling up. Finally, I-70, there was a Semi behind me, it was nerve racking.

- , Fruita, CO, USA

Sep 122010

Blazer V6

We were leaving our house to go to the store, while we were still in the driveway the Blazer cut off. Will not start back up. The fuel pump does run so it's not that, we put a new fuel filter on & it still does not get gas to the engine. We put gas in the throttle body & it will start & then cut off when that gas disappears. Please does anyone know what this can be. We are at our wits end & the car lot won't do anything & we still owe over $6000.00 on the damn thing.

Update from Oct 9, 2010: We had the Blazer towed to the garage and it turns out it was the fuel pump. We were told than when you hear the pump running it is not working right. But be where of where you take them to be fixed because these idiots did't fasten my fuel line back tight so it died again & I lost gas.

- , Windsor, MO, USA

May 312010

Blazer 2W V6

Not sure exactly what's going on with this blazer. We were driving down the road came to a red light and stopped when the light turned green my husband stepped on the gas and the blazer just die, like it just ran out of gas. But we had a full tank. We pushed the blazer out of the road in into a gas station across the street. My husband then went and purchased some starter fuel and sprayed it into the engine and it would start back up for a second and then die again. He decided the fuel pump must of went out. So we had the blazer towed home. The next day my husband went and purchased a fuel pump and fuel filter and proceeded to pull the tank off to get to the fuel pump. The Pump is working so he changed the fuel filter and the gas gets to the filter but for some reason the gas is not flowing into the engine. Dose any one have any ideas what's going on with this blazer????

- , Las Vegas, NV, USA