9.9

2003 Chevrolet Blazer transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Blazer:

2003 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Aug 082003

Blazer 6-cyl

Purchased new 2003 Chevrolet Blazer with manual transmission on 08/08/2003. I did not drive the car on 08/09/2003, but drove it again on 08/10/2002. Twice on 08/08/2003, and four times on 08/10/2003, when starting from a stop, I experienced a significant failure of the transmission, which substantially impairs the use and safety of the vehicle. In first gear, with no warning, either visible, audible, or tactile, the transmission violently throws the gear shift lever out of first gear, bringing the vehicle suddenly into neutral. I have put about 100 miles on the car in total since I purchased it, and this has happened six times. I have been lucky, I have avoided being struck, but it is only a matter of time. I will be in touch with the dealership as soon as it is open to seek warranty repairs.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA