8.0

1. small pig tail broken from brake light switch to main harnes (1 reports)
1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500:

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Owner Comments

Jul 102012

C/K 1500 Silverado 5.7L

DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD ON MY WAY HOME, DASH LIGHTS GO OUT. I GET HOME CHECK THE BRAKE LIGHT FUSE, BLOWN. REPLACE FUSE, SOON AS I HIT THE BRAKE PEDAL FUSE BLEW INSTANTLY.. HAD TO DRIVE TRUCK EVERYDAY WHEN I WOULD COME TO A LIGHT I WOULD JUST TURN ON THE RUN LIGHTS.FINALLY REPLACED THE BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH. FIXED THE PROBLEM FOR A DAY OR SO THEN NO BRAKE LIGHTS AGAIN. SOON AFTER THAT ALL REAR LIGHTS WENT OUT.

I PULLED THE ENTIRE DASH OUT OF TRUCK, FOUND A SHORT WIRE HARNESS RUNNING FROM THE BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH TO THE MAIN WIRING HARNESS WAS BROKEN. I REMOVED THE SMALL HARNESS TOOK IT TO THE DEALER WHERE I BOUGHT THE TRUCK, BOB PULTE CHEVROLET. SHOWED THE BROKEN HARNESS TO THE MAIN PERSON IN SERVICE. I REALLY EXPECTED HIM TO RUN GET ME A NEW HARNESS SINCE I PAID MORE FOR THIS TRUCK THAN I DID FOR MY HOUSE. HE LOOKED AT MY BROKEN HARNESS AND JUST GAVE ME A SILLY LAUGH. I DIDN'T THROW A FIT OR SAY ANYTHING BUT BOY WAS I PISSED. I TOOK THE HARNESS HOME PEELED THE WIRES SOLDERED THEM AND REPLACED IT. BRAKE LIGHTS ARE FIXED. THIS IS MY 3RD NEW TRUCK I PURCHASED AT BOB PULTE CHEVROLET, SURE WISH GM HAD RECALLED ALL 1998 TRUCKS FOR THIS HARD TO FIX PROBLEM. THIS JOB TOOK ME A WHOLE DAY TO COMPLETE.

- , Lebanon, OH, USA