1. needed a new air intake temperature sensor (1 reports)
1998 Chevrolet Camaro engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Camaro:

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

Aug 062004

Camaro 3.8L 3800 V6

No mechanic could find/fix this problem. I had compression tests done, I replaced my spark plug wires, spark plugs, all three coil packs, and the module under the coil packs.

After this failed, I took it to the Chevy dealer who stated they had no idea what the problem was but could replace parts on a guess and check basis.

After more of my own research, I determined the symptoms seemed to be the AIT sensor. I put one in for $10 and the car immediately started easier. Within 200 miles, the engine was running leaner and my gas mileage was improved.

- , Reading, PA, USA