2010 Chevrolet Camaro body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro:

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

Mar 042016

I recently purchased a 2010 Camaro ss with very low milage. I noticed some rust on the upper and lower impact bar. The upper bar is completly rusted through. I consider this a safety issue due to a front end impact. I understand the warrenty is 5 years 100K for body panels. Is there anything GM can do to repair this? please see the 2 attachments, the diagram is part #18, and the pic is the hole in the bar. The red color is grease that I applied to deter and additional rusting. I find this highly unusual because the car has been in Florida the entire life span.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Aug 222013

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. The contact stated that he noticed that there was a crack on the dashboard above the passenger's side air bag. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they stated that dashboard needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 28,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Somerset, MA, USA

Sep 192012

I was washing my car and I noticed a milky white looking spot on the front bumper. After I washed and dried the car, the spot was still there. That is when I knew it was not a spot, it looks like the clear coat is coming off the bumper. Then I looked at the rear bumper and deck lid and noticed that right where the factory spoiler is attached to the deck lid on both sides there are chips of paint missing. Looks like the spoiler has rubbed the paint off. I don't know what has caused this, but I am going to contact the dealership and see if there are any recalls or tsb reports on both of these issues.

- North Chesterfield, VA, USA