2010 Chevrolet Camaro fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro:

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

Jan 182013

Camaro 8-cyl

I was going for a drive in my neighborhood. I was driving down a hill when the accelerator stuck. At the bottom of the hill was a bump in the road. After hitting the bump the engine turned off. I had no brakes and no steering. I then skid off the road into a tree. There was one injury, a lady in the back seat passenger side hit her head on the back of the front seat passenger. She had a huge goose egg on top of her head and a black eye.

- Asheboro, NC, USA

Oct 012013

Camaro 6-cyl

I have taken this vehicle in several times for loss of power while driving on the freeway. In addition to the vehicle losing power, reduced speed vehicle dropped from 60 mph to 25mph. The first time the dealership stated the vehicles computer had 5 error messages & just needed to be reset. The second time occurred a couple of months later. I addressed the manufacturer & dealership manager...they said nothing could be done. They reset the computer again, after the 3rd incident almost caused me to have an accident the dealership provided me a rental & thoroughly inspected the vehicle to diagnose the issues. The vehicle was also making a grinding noise between 20-30mph between 2nd & 3rd gear. The vehicle has only been serviced by an authorized GM dealership since I purchased it. This time the service manager said the catalytic converter was the main culprit, however the vehicle was almost entirely void of oil....this was in between the manufacturer recommended oil change interval- apprx had driven in 4700 miles the grinding noise was said to be due to lack of oil but no oil leak was detected. I researched this issue in several auto forums & discovered that the high output 3.6 liter V6 engines had a known problem for burning oil & causing the engine to wear & breakdown prematurely. Dealer advised me that I would need to take the vehicle in every 1000 miles to check how quickly the oil was burning in between oil changes. They confirmed that if indeed it was burning oil they would replace the engine under warranty. I believe this to be very dangerous, loss of power at highway speeds multiple times is very alarming & was not taken seriously by GM customer support - dealership service advisor was more helpful than the manager.

- San Antonio, TX, USA