7.8

2010 Chevrolet Camaro lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro:

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

Mar 272012

Camaro 8-cyl

I purchased my 2010 Chevy Camaro 2ss, in February of 2012. It had 4,400 miles on it. About a month or two, after I bought it, it completely shut off on me, on a major highway, while doing 65 mph. I threw it into neutral and turned the key and it started right back up. About a month after that, I was doing about 20mph on a back road and it did the same exact thing. Just recently, about 2 weeks ago, I was in 6th gear, on cruise doing 60mph and I felt the car "jerk" or buck" a little bit. Followed immediately by the car decelerating. I down-shifted to 4th gear and was giving it gas, but still wouldn't speed up. It fell down to about 40mph, before finally catching itself and speeding back up. About a mile later, I got off my exit and was coming down to the stop sign, when all the indicator lights came on for about 10 seconds. They went off and I made a left hand turn and went about a mile up the road. At that point, the car completely shut off doing about 35mph. There was heavy traffic, so I pulled over and started it back up. I called the Chevy dealership, where I bought it from, and they had no openings for a week. So I took it last week to get it checked and they found nothing that could have caused it, they say. I am very upset, but very thankful that my two children were not with me when it happened. I am currently contemplating trading it in, cuz I am worried that if it happens again, and my children are in the car, that it might shut off in very congested bumper to bumper traffic, on the highway at night, and a tractor trailer is behind me and I can't get it started or someone doesn't see me cuz my lights would be off. The thought of that completely scares me.

- Nanticoke, PA, USA