2013 Chevrolet Camaro drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Camaro:

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

Dec 012015

2013 Chevrolet Camaro. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle clutch pedal bulletin issues. The consumer took the vehicle to the dealer to correct a clutch problem that had not existed the previous three years. The problem involved the clutch pedal not recovering during gear shifts. Instead, the pedal remained virtually stationary halfway through what should have been a total recovery. This prohibited the consumer from shifting gears.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Mar 022015

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Camaro. The contact's knee struck the shift panel while driving. As a result, the vehicle downshifted, the engine revved, and the engine rpms increased. The failure occurred when going over a bump or when the contact's knee encountered the shift panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer more than twice where the failure was unable to be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Feb 032015

Camaro 6-cyl

On Feb,03.2015 my manual transmission went out while I was traveling and was rear ended as a result. Since the end of last year I have took my car to the dealership (jim ellis chev) complaining about smelling the clutch burning. The dealership would only reply saying that the transmission was just breaking in. Now that the transmission has went out the dealership is saying that I rode the clutch and wants me to pay $1700. The Camaro only has 23,000 miles and should not have went out.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Feb 062015

Driving and check engine light, traction light and the car on a wet road light came on information said reduce speed!

- Philadelphia , PA, USA

Dec 032013

Camaro 6-cyl

Car would not shift into 1st gear. Car is 6 speed manual V-6 model. Repeatedly tried shifting into 1st gear at stoplight. Turned car off and started again. Tried shifting into 3rd and reverse, still would not shift into 1st. This caused a safety concern as cars started coming up to rear of car since light turned green while trying to shift the car into 1st. Had to start take-off in 2nd gear, stalling car. This has occurred many more times. After every incident and reporting of problem to dealer, dealer stated that was normal operation for the car. They inspected car 4 times and they always state "normal operation". car also intermittently grinds gears between 1st and second gear. Car is now at dealer awaiting inspection by factory representative. Car is a danger to myself, my family and the driving and passenger public. GM is well aware of this design flaw and there are hundreds of online posts describing the same exact issue that my car has. Please help!

- Hudson, FL, USA

May 222014

A few months ago I took my 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 2ls to premier Chevrolet of buena park for an oil change. On the way home after driving the car for about 60 miles the check engine light came on for a few minutes then it went off. On may the 22nd on my way back home from work the check engine light came back on while sitting in traffic. Once traffic started moving I noticed that the car would not shift gears it was stuck on 2nd gear. Drove the car through the streets to the nearest dealership in la puente ca the whole way the car would not shift. I am waiting for a response from the dealer to see if the warranty is going to cover the issue.

- Hesperia, CA, USA

Apr 012014

Camaro 8-cyl

I have a manual V8 model. Whenever stopped on an incline, the hill start assist (hsa) engages. The first time I gave it plenty of throttle and the brakes would not disengage and caused me to stall. The 2nd time, I had the RPM very high and again the brakes would not disengage. My car was jumping up and down under the strain. When it finally released the car, I was greeted with the smell of burning clutch. This cannot be normal. I don't think hitting 2000 RPM and dropping the clutch should be a normal method to overcome teh hsa system. I have auto hill braking on other vehicles that are nearly invisible to me and work flawlessly. I been driving manual cars for 20+ years and have no issues on hill starts. One of the biggest issues is there is no way to turn off the hsa feature. I think you need to force GM to recalibrate the system and/or allow the driver to turn the hsa feature off.

- Mine Hill, NJ, USA

Feb 272013

Starting day 1 after purchasing the vehicle in February 2013, the vehicles back up cam began to freeze when the vehicle is in reverse until I put the car back in park and turn the vehicle off and open the door to completely shut the vehicle down. A few months later on top of the radio and back up camera issues the vehicle has started to create a chain dragging sound when accelerating, it then begins to pulsate while my foot is on the acceleration peddle and the sound continues, the vehicles radio then freezes and resets itself starting in October of 2013. I have taken the car to certified Chevrolet service departments within multiple dealerships on multiple occasions to get the vehicle fixed. The dealer has stated and been unable to correct the problems completely and has ran out of alternative solutions to the fix the problems after putting over 800 additional road miles on my vehicle in order to try to diagnose the issue.

- Mt. Morris, MI, USA

Jan 152013

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Camaro. The contact stated that the vehicle would not respond while attempting to accelerate from a stop. The clutch had to be depressed in order for the vehicle to engage into first gear and accelerate. The contact stated that there was also an abnormal noise from the vehicle when depressing the clutch. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 700.

- Rockport, NY, USA

Apr 032013

Camaro 6-cyl

The aisin AY6 transmission in my brand new 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ls is defective to the point of being a safety issue and GM will not recognize this as an issue even though it is a widespread problem that a lot of people are having. The transmission, from the day I bought the car, has never shifted smoothly without grinding or causing missed shifts. This can be, and is a safety hazard. The bottom line is that it is a poorly designed transmission that GM is putting in these cars and enough issues have been raised that they should be fixing the problems or replacing the transmissions in these cars. I want this issue resolved and any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Nov 192012

Camaro 8-cyl

I was accelerating from a stop light when I got to roughly 2000 rpms ( roughly 17 mph) pushed the clutch fully in and attempted to go into 2nd gear. However, the shifter physically would not allow this shifter to go into 2nd gear with up to, I would say 20lbs of force. As a result of trying to get the car to go into 2nd gear the driver behind me had to swerve out of his lane to avoid from re-ending me. I quickly had to move the gear shifter to 3rd gear to get my speed back. This has happened a total of over 3 times now! this is a brand new car and should not have these kinds of transmission issues. I have an apt. With the dealer 11/28/12.

- Cudahy, WI, USA