2015 Chevrolet Camaro wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Camaro:

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

Jul 302016

Ive had issues with the motor dealer has had to change pistons and vales. Which isn't very unsafe until your driving on the highway then you lose all power..then you have to Dodge traffic..or else.. ive had issues with the tire sensor that keeps going out, dealer changed it once and within a month it started acting weird again. Keeps telling me to add air to the tires when I took it in to the dealer they said it was fine. Until I get a blow out and wreck. Ive had issues with some lights that flicker while im driving. The dealer says "that there is nothing wrong with the lights". GM is buying back this lemon they sold me, however they would like me to keep driving this car with two completely bald tires around while they decide exactly how much they want me to pay them for dealing with this obvious lemon that they sold me. That's the thanks I get for choosing to buy an american made vehicle. I will not even drive this one year old car because it is so unsafe, please look into or at least make some of this information available so that other honest hard working people don't get caught in this horrible situation..

- Perris, CA, USA

May 092016

Purchased the car 4/2015 new - 5/6 I was driving my car when it started to shake and vibrate. I pulled over and it stopped. I brought it straight to the deal and it had a diagnostic code for engine misfire - no problem with car since that day 5/6. on 5/9 I was driving home from school and I pulled onto my home street and the car light came on transmission overheat - the car completley shut down and I could not start it again. I towed it to the dealer. - I was told the transmision was stuck in between 1st and 2nd gear and the transmission was completey fried - burned - melted - not 1 report on the diagnostic not 1 warning until it just stopped dead in the road. If I had been driving on the highway I would have been killed for the car just shutting down - and never started again - tires are pitted and bald - every 2 weeks I rec'd notice to put air in back tires from the day of purchase the air in back tires always neeeded air. Dealership and GM have deemed the warranty voided and will not replace the transmission or worn tires on a 1 yr old car - how can a transmission burn out in 3 days"? it had just had a diagnostics done at the dealership on 5/6 when the engine malfunctioned- I was told it was a misfire!!! and then 3 days later on 5/9 the transmission was burned out ???- mechanic said it was stuck in between 1st and 2nd gears??? how can that happen if I only drive in automatic?? how come there was no warnings about the slip in gears as well?? or a warning about the overheating of the transmission before it melted"

- Marlboro, NJ, USA

Mar 042016

I was driving at about 20 mph around a traffic circle in a residential area, when, after turning right, then left, then right around the traffic circle, the back end slid out and the right rear wheel slammed sideways against a curb. The wheel was instantly cracked, the wheel and spindle bent. "service stabilitrack" instantly came on the driver information center, and all three stability indicator lights came on. The P-zero nero tires on this car are not suitable for wet roads in the city. The ambient temperature was about 50 degrees. The Camaro and these tires make it unsafe, and the car should come equipped default with all-season tires, not racing Z-rated summer only tires. Repair cost is $1,500 and this is not covered under warranty. I am very unhappy with the performance of this "performance" car.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Feb 062016

On a very cold winter day ( temperatures in the teens), I took a test ride on this 2015 Camaro from a local Buick dealer. Although this Camaro was only a 6 cylinder, it was equipped with pirelli zero nero high performance summer tires. As I pulled away from the dealership and got up to 50 mph, I thought the car was coming apart due to the extreme tire noise. I wasn't aware that the Camaro had summer tires and I feel that I was put in a dangerous situation by driving this car. As per an excerpt of the owner's manual "if the tires have been subjected to 20 degrees or less, let them warm up in a heated space to at least 40 degrees for 24 hours or more before being installed or driving a vehicle on which they are installed". also, GM bulletin #13-03-10-0001A clearly states the car is not to be driven in temperatures below 45 degrees!!! in light of how many people were injured or killed in Ford Explorer with a tire situation, I'm surprised that there is no obvious warning posted on vehicles with summer tires that it is dangerous to drive with those tires in cold climates. Even pirelli has notations about the safety issues with these tires.

- Howell, NJ, USA