2012 Chevrolet Captiva brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Captiva:

2012 Chevrolet Captiva Owner Comments

Jul 152016

The vehicle was turned on and we started driving and then car it acted like it was going to die out, and we shut the vehicle off and turned it back on again. Then after we were driving the car it stopped and locked up all the doors keys nothing worked as we were driving right in the middle of the intersection. The police and tow truck were called and the tow truck driver got the key out of the ignition and he got the vehicle to start again. Then we drove to a nearby gas station and it completely shut off again when we were entering the gas station while driving the vehicle. We only had the vehicle for 4 days until it did all this while driving. The tow truck driver took it back to the dealership where it came from. It was at the dealership for 5 days from the 15th of July went the tow truck brought it there until the dealership told us it was ok to come pick the vehicle back up on July 20th. They explain to us that they could find nothing wrong with the vehicle as to why this all happened. If it happens again to bring it back.

- Coal City, IL, USA

Jun 062016

I bought this car in February. In March the radio started going off and on sometimes when blinker is turned on sometimes not. Traction light comes on for no reason. One day just started acting like battery was going dead. Turned it off could not get key out of egnition. Had it tolled to Chevy said it was my battery. $400 hundred for that trip.that was the 4th time in shop in two monthes. This is the third battery in 4 years. Had it replaced in April. It started the same thing last week radio, lights go dim, tonight get home again key stuck in egnition. The same things I have read about happening to other Captiva. My husband read on other site to move election seats up and down and key would come out he tried it and it worked. I have had the car in the shop more then I have drove it. I bought the extra warranty but it didn't help. One mechanic said it could be the battery cable in which the extra warranty does not cover cost for cable is $600. Just spent $400 on battery. This seems to be a big problem with this car. I wish I would have looked at consumer reveiws. $13,00 dollar mistake. Back in the shop and depending on a ride again! oh and extra warranty not worth it still had to pay to have car tolled to shop, and to have it analysised. Should have bought a Ford.

- Garland, TX, USA

May 212016

My Captiva did not want to start. The key was locked in the ignition. All the lights were off and there was no lights on the instrument panel. I disconnected the negative battery cable for a minute and then plugged it back on to the battery. When I went to open the door the horn started honking and all the lights came on. I deactivated the alarm with the remote on the key but accidently hit the lock button. I stated the vehicle and went to close the hood. But when I went to open the door the doors had locked and my vehicle was running. I had to break the window because my 1 year old baby was in the car. My wife complained that the radio will some times turn off and the instrument lights will come on. One is the traction control need to be serviced and engine light will come on. Also the service light will turn on. Also the lights inside the vehicle will dim at times. My wife also complained that the vehicle will stall on her and shut off on her once. She was in the parking lot of the church when the vehicle stalled and stopped on her. I have read forums and customer complaints of other Captiva SUV's having the same problem. Ones suggesting that its the battery cables. Please investigate the problem because it could be a real problem if these vehicles start to stall on busy highways. Regards

- Socorro, TX, USA