2012 Chevrolet Captiva engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Captiva:

2012 Chevrolet Captiva Owner Comments

Jul 192016

The car will not start, key is stuck in the ignition. We have jumped it numerous times and for no reason the car will not start again. The battery was good, had it checked. 4th time since the start of 2016. Right now there is no, power, I can't even get the indoor lights on. It is going back to the mechanic. The car was stationary, (in my car port).

- Tampa, FL, USA

May 212016

My Captiva did not want to start. The key was locked in the ignition. All the lights were off and there was no lights on the instrument panel. I disconnected the negative battery cable for a minute and then plugged it back on to the battery. When I went to open the door the horn started honking and all the lights came on. I deactivated the alarm with the remote on the key but accidently hit the lock button. I stated the vehicle and went to close the hood. But when I went to open the door the doors had locked and my vehicle was running. I had to break the window because my 1 year old baby was in the car. My wife complained that the radio will some times turn off and the instrument lights will come on. One is the traction control need to be serviced and engine light will come on. Also the service light will turn on. Also the lights inside the vehicle will dim at times. My wife also complained that the vehicle will stall on her and shut off on her once. She was in the parking lot of the church when the vehicle stalled and stopped on her. I have read forums and customer complaints of other Captiva SUV's having the same problem. Ones suggesting that its the battery cables. Please investigate the problem because it could be a real problem if these vehicles start to stall on busy highways. Regards

- Socorro, TX, USA

Dec 132014

The contact owns a 2012 Chevrolet Captiva. The contact stated that while pulling into a parking space, the key failed to disengage from the ignition switch after the vehicle was turned off. The contact stated that the radio would shut off and the parking break warning indicator illuminated as the vehicle stalled. The contact stated that the failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to duplicate the failure. However, the spark plugs, the fuses, and the radio were replaced. The failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 48,000...updated 09/03/15 updated 09/09/15

- Charlotte, NC, USA