2012 Chevrolet Captiva engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Captiva:

2012 Chevrolet Captiva Owner Comments

Aug 142014

Car was driving fine went into a store came out keyless entry would not work, opened door with key and car would not start. Called for a jump but before the person came the car started out of the blue. I never attempted to start the car again but had inadvertently left the switch to the on position. I took the car into good Chevrolet for service and was told that my car's brains were basically scrambled. I was told that the PCM, bank 1 sensor 2 oxygen sensors were replaced and that all codes were cleared and that the repair was verified. I pick the car up on 8/14/14 drove it on 8/15/14 and the same thing happened again only this time the key would not come out of the ignition and all power was lost. Again I sat there and waited and about 15-20 minutes later the car started. This time the car show additional issues. The lights where the rpms are shown flickers on and off, the car sputters, trying to get up to a certain speed is taxing and when I put the car in reverse there is a rattling coupled with a squealing sound. Today is 8/16/14 and I will be taking the car back into good Chevrolet once again for service. I can only hope that they will repair the car this time and that I do not have some major issue after the warranty period as there is clearly something wrong within the car's electrical or computer components.

- Seattle, WA, USA