4.0

2013 Chevrolet Captiva miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Captiva:

2013 Chevrolet Captiva Owner Comments

Oct 142016

Captiva

Key stuck in ignition. Will not come out. And if you leave it in there, the battery will go dead. This should be a recall on this vehicle as I see many others with the exact same problem !!! mileage (approx 80,000).

- Matthews, NC, USA

Mar 032014

Captiva

I purchase the car 2014 and I have noticed that there I a blind spot in the front and the back of the car. The body on the left side of the car is too wide and the headrest on the passenger side is to high can not see smaller cars

- Goose Creek, SC, USA

Mar 182015

Captiva

Two problems: First the ignition switch froze. Could not turn off car. Had to get it towed to dealer. They finally repaired that, next, the transmission froze. That was a few weeks later. They supposedly fixed that. Last week the transmission froze again. Towed to dealer, they said they fixed, got it back Friday. Froze again today and we have had it towed to dealer. What if it freezes while in drive" what if ignition freezes while car is on and cannot turn it off?"

- Naples, FL, USA

May 282014

Captiva

Ongoing sporadic problem - ignition switch locks and am unable to turn key to start vehicle. Called dealership before the vehicle went out of warrantee and was told they couldn't fix and diagnose the problems unless they problem happened while it was at the dealership. Sometimes it takes up to 20 minutes to get the key to turn.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Jul 042014

Captiva

When trying to start the vehicle the key won't turn to start the car. Has happened at least 12 times. Called aaa to start it. Mechanic had hard time starting the vehicle. Has to push on brake so hard that I can't do it. He said this should not be happening. He had difficult time. I am afraid to drive the car. I want this reported and something done. Something is defective. Also the bumper paint is all chipped where it attaches to the body the whole way around on one bumper. This is a defect also. No way should these two problems be happening!! I also want to know if there is a recall on the air bag problem?

- Bedford, PA, USA

Jun 262015

Captiva

My vehicle's (2013 Chevy Captiva sport) service air bag light has come on for the third time since May 1, 2015. I took it to the Chevy dealer after the first time but they couldn't determine the cause. 2nd incident I contacted onstar -diagnostic showed "computer malfunction" with the air bag. The passenger presence module was replaced on 6-16-15. Today, 3rd incident, 6-26-15. Contacted onstar-diagnostic showed "general computer malfunction". I do not feel confident that my air bags will function properly if needed. I will be talking to the service department again tomorrow. This is a major safety issue.

- Washington, DC, USA