2014 Chevrolet Captiva electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Captiva:

2014 Chevrolet Captiva Owner Comments

Jul 232016

Captiva

1. when in cruise control and having the radio on and then using the turn signal, vehicle decelerates, (on highway( 2. tire pressure sensor was sensing the wrong tire as having low tire pressure. (in motion, city street) 3. vehicle clock resets to 12:00. (stationary) 4. vehicle will not start...wait about 1/2 an hour and maybe it will start. (stationary) I would consider this very much a safety concern. After passing a vehicle, my vehicle decelerates, which is alarming.

- Holland, MI, USA

Oct 312015

Captiva

While driving I was suddenly overcome by a noxious odor which caused burning in my eyes, nose and throat. I turned off my A/C and opened my windows which helped dilute the odor. By chance I lifted my driver-side visor and a loud clicking occurred. I repeated this to try to figure out what was wrong, then when I grasped the rod that the visor slides on my fingers were burned and blistered.because it was so hot. The cabin lights flicker and the headlights do as well. The ceiling area by the visor becomes very hot to the touch. When the car is off, it begins to cool. I think this has been coming on for a while because of the flickering, but I had no idea that it might all be related. By the way, I had my car less than 9 months when the battery died. Odd for a 2014 vehicle.

- Cibolo, TX, USA

Jul 092015

Captiva

On July 9, 2015 at approximately 4pm I noticed what appeared to be (cold) frost blowing from the inside vents of my vehicle, and as I looked at the temp. Gauge I noticed it was going up in the 200S so I immediately turned on my heat too reduced the temp., because I thought th vehicle was over heating. But after awhile I notied the temp was not going down so I switched ti the ac, and immediately the temp. Began to go down back to normal, which is 181 on average. I'm not sure what this means, as I did have coolant in the overflow tank. I took the vehicle in for an oil change and mentioned this issue to the service person and they stated something about the ac compressor, which I did not understand. So I've been running my ac whenever the temp gauge goes up. To this day I still don't know why this is happening.

- Lexington Park , MD, USA

Jan 282015

Captiva 4-cyl

Electrical and speed control: Replaced instrument cluster and programmed. Cruise control and odometer did not match programmed 70 mph and registered 68. Engine: Valve or lifter clatter unable to duplicate. Door rattle: Found lock knob vibrating in door panel hole insulate rod: Noise gone.

- Fresno, CA, USA