6.1

2014 Chevrolet Captiva engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Captiva:

2014 Chevrolet Captiva Owner Comments

Dec 062016

Captiva

The car accelerate rapidly as I was turning inside the atm drive thru of the pnc bank in lancaster pa on 12/06/2016 time 11:00 hrs am and car was out of control I almost hit 2 pedestrian at that moment I intent to stop the car applying the brakes and car got faster I have to use my 2 foots on the brake pedal put the car on neutral and car was like a race car at that point shut off the car with the key ignition, them I call the dealer, they didnt fine a code for this problem and try to blame my floor matt, not true to believe, ,, please help me with this, thanks

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Jan 282015

Captiva 4-cyl

Electrical and speed control: Replaced instrument cluster and programmed. Cruise control and odometer did not match programmed 70 mph and registered 68. Engine: Valve or lifter clatter unable to duplicate. Door rattle: Found lock knob vibrating in door panel hole insulate rod: Noise gone.

- Fresno, CA, USA