4.4

2003 Chevrolet Express suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Express:

2003 Chevrolet Express Owner Comments

Mar 162006

Express 8-cyl

While driving on a two lane mountain road between oakhurst, California and yosemite I observed a front end vibration coming through the steering wheel. I pulled over and could find nothing wrong so I made a U-turn and went to oakhurst to effect a repair. I barely made it to town to a shop when the left front bearing assembly failed, requiring the entire unit to be replaced. The shop was surprised that the wheel had not come off. The cost was $520, and necessitated an overnight stay due to the part having to be brought in from fresno. I had purchased the vehicle new, but it was three weeks out of warranty. The mileage was 25,000. I took the part to my local Chevrolet dealer, they informed me in writing that the bearing had inadequate lubrication at the factory. The other bearing was pulled, and it was okay. GM has totally ducked any form of reimbursement. I am just thankful that we did not have a accident on that mountain road

- Hanford, CA, USA