Print this page Notes: The Chevy Express is mechanically identical to the GMC Savana.

2004 Chevrolet Express body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Express:

2004 Chevrolet Express Owner Comments

Sep 032016

The van was parked in my driveway stationary. It caught fire and proceeded to burn completely for unknown reasons. The website states this VIN number is not included in any recalls but the vehicle type has a recall listed that states it could be a fire hazard.

- Syracuse, NY, USA

Nov 212013

Express 8-cyl

I was traveling East thro an intersection when a truck on the my right rammed me in the front right side of my car.I felt the car spin and the truck ended up in my right rear bumper and when I came to a stop both airbags deployed and I was injured and the airbags exploded and I have eye damage to my right eye and neck injury and back injury. Still seeing spine dr. And eye dr every 6 months.

- Emporia, VA, USA

Dec 012012

The contact owns a 2004 Chevrolet Express G1500. The contact stated that the driver and passenger side double door hinges failed and the doors could not be opened. The dealer advised that the door hinges needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 109,000 and the approximate failure mileage was 110,00.

- Pittsford, NY, USA