1.5

2005 Chevrolet Express brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Express:

2005 Chevrolet Express Owner Comments

Apr 152014

Express

The brakes on my vehicle were inspected at homewood Chevrolet in Illinois and they did not need pads or anything, however, the brakes brakes release on their own when you are driving. There was a hydraulic recall and I never received any informationů..the headlights on my car also keep burning out within weeks of having them changed. The vehicle has some suspension issue as well. There was also a recall for that which I received no notice forů.I have not moved since purchasing this vehicle.

- Park Forest, IL, USA

Jun 212013

Express 8-cyl

I was traveling down a hill at about 35-40 mph. When the ABS system kicked in for some reason and the brakes went stiff and I could barely stop. Mechanic said wheel sensor, it was changed and I have the same problem. The ABS kicks in at the worst times when you are slowing down coming to an intersection the brakes go stiff. Almost got killed.

- Wyoming , PA, USA

May 012012

Express

2005 Chevrolet Express 3500. Parking brake cable on rear, drivers side, rubbing against side of tire. Tire rubs down until it breaks. Tire was totally shredded but I was able to slow and steer to side of road. New tire put on but they did not see the cable in the way or rubbing! I only saw it because I was looking under the car for a new metallic clanking noise (that is something else). My new tire was almost rubbed through after only 3 weeks. I pulled the cable way back into its retainer but the retainer is about 1.5 square inches and the cable is only 1/8 in so is not firmly held in place (only by some friction). If you have a Chevy express, check your cable and tire.

- San Antonio, TX, USA