2007 Chevrolet Express electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Express:

2007 Chevrolet Express Owner Comments

Oct 272013

Express 8-cyl

I was the sole occupant. Concerning the information above the date is accurate within about a week and may be determined exactly. Mileage is correct within a thousand miles. My injuries were not major and I declined treatment specifically because I needed to deal with the wrecker and such. End of preamble I was leaving the garage at the condo where I live. There is a steep initial grade ending in a 90 deg. Left followed by a more modest decline ending at a street with traffic. Because the ramp is narrow and everything disappears from the driver's view, I was tapping the brakes and checking the position of the back wheels, when the brake pedal ceased to function. I tried it at least twice and then got back to steering. At the time my assumption was that the engine had stalled, even though that has never occurred previously. I made the left turn, but I was becoming anxious about my speed. I chose to swerve against the one earth bank available, and that resulted in an over turning of the vehicle. Once back on its wheels the vehicle started, ran, and drove with no evident abnormalities. Given time to consider what had happened, I realized that the ignition had gone off, I suppose that it must share a common switch with the cars presently in recall, and I would like the same consideration.

- Port Orchard, WA, USA