Print this page Notes: The Chevy Express is mechanically identical to the GMC Savana.

2010 Chevrolet Express fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Express:

2010 Chevrolet Express Owner Comments

Jul 012010

I have been dealing with GM head office and their call ctr for over 1 + years. I have been telling them that there is hesitation at the pedal at acceleration, constant noise from the engine - sounds like a machine gun. They are always telling me that these are "vehicle characteristics"!!!! I don't believe them! then they put me on a oil consumption as I was almost out of oil for a 3 year old vehicle with only 40,000kms. They were monitoring this every 1,000 approx. I can smell gas in my oil, so they sent a sample off to cat, which they tell me everything was good, but I have never seen a report. Then all of a sudden I receive a I received a call regarding a "recalibrating", so I take the equinox back into the shop....they call me back and state that I had a leaking "high pressure fuel pump", which has mixed gas & oil. I am not stupid as GM thinks - this is not good! with gas mixing with your oil it changes the consistency and doesn't lubricate things like it should. Can this type of thing cause a "runaway"? I think all of these should be recalled - I have been reading alot of peoples words on-line and many are having the same issue - I really don't think people know where to turn. In closing, can you please advise if anyone else has filled reports on this vehicle, is there something more that should be done for me as I don't want to have a catastrophic failure with my family in the vehicle. Someone has to be responsible here and I think GM should be more concerned with their customers & lives. Thank you.

- Fall River, ME, USA