9.7

2011 Chevrolet Express drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Express:

2011 Chevrolet Express Owner Comments

May 062011

Express 8-cyl

About 10 days after purchasing our 2011 Express van my wife and I were driving down I 81 between shippensburg and newville, pa and the van started pulling to an abrupt halt for no reason. I checked the parking brake and thought maybe I was resting my foot on the brake. Nothing the van would not move. I placed the transmission in park and it was ok again. This happened 5 more times. I took it back to H and H Chevy and of course they couldn't find anything. On one occasion going down pa 996 just past letterkenny depot, about 54-55 mph, it did it again this time really hard and my wife had to hang on to keep from hitting her head. The speedometer started saying check all-wheel drive immediately, check limited slip immediately. I took it back and H and H of shippensburg said nothing showed up on the computer. A year later I found out about a recall on the van.. I took this to H and H and they refused to acknowledge it because it did not have a GM recall number. I went 3 more time this year in January. They never even looked into it. It hasn't done it anymore. I figure the part is probably worn out by now. $38,000 cash I paid for a van and nobody wanted to look at the rear spline pin.

- Shippensburg, PA, USA