Print this page Notes: The Chevy Express is mechanically identical to the GMC Savana.

2011 Chevrolet Express engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Express:

2011 Chevrolet Express Owner Comments

Feb 052015

Express 8-cyl

I was pulling back into my driveway my van started idling very rough and erratic. The vehicle display read "engine power reduced. Service traction. ESC off." I didn't know what to think so I immediately shut the car off. I started my car up again after letting it sit for about 10 minutes and it ran fine again but the "check engine light" was still on. The next day I was headed to work and it happened again while driving on the interstate. The same message popped up on the display and the van lost power. I had to pull over so not to be a nuisance for other drivers. After a few minutes I started the van up and I was able to make it to a nearby dealership. When I got the dealership the car was running fine of course. I left it running as I ran inside to get a tech. He came outside and seen the "check engine light" on. He brought out the scanner and said that it was something with the throttle body. My previous vehicle was also a GM product, 2001 GMC savanna 2500. I've had exactly the same problems with it. Seems like 10 years later you guys should improve these cars.

- Clinton Twp., MI, USA