1.4

2006 Chevrolet HHR fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet HHR:

2006 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 162013

HHR

I was traveling down the highway when the dash panel warning lights all started flashing on and off. When it did this the power steering went out and when I tried to stop the engine revved up and the power brakes didn't feel right. It felt like the vehicle had the old style manual brakes. It has done this several times and when I researched it online I noticed there were several other HHR owners experiencing the same problem. The problem originally started with the traction control light to come on randomly and I would have to disconnect the battery to reset the computer.

- Monticello, AR, USA

Mar 182013

HHR 4-cyl

The gas lines on this car have rusted through. This should never happen.

- Hudson, MI, USA

Oct 122012

HHR

I went to move the car in my driveway, when I noticed on odor of gasoline. I didn't observe any gasoline, and started the car. It took longer than usual to start, as if it took a while for gasoline to get to the engine. After moving it, I noticed gasoline dripping from under the car, just in front of the driver's side rear tire. I brought the car to a Chevrolet dealer. The dealer inspected the car and told me that the fuel lines were corroded, leaking, and needed to be replaced. I was then told the new fuel lines were on back order, and it may be several days before they could get them. The car sat at the dealership, waiting for the parts. It took four weeks. Why would the fuel lines on a 2006 automobile be corroded" is it the alcohol in gasoline? why were fuel lines on back order, and take four weeks to get? is General Motors having trouble keeping up with demand because so many are corroding"

- Monroe, CT, USA