2007 Chevrolet HHR electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet HHR:

2007 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Jul 082016

HHR

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. While driving various speeds, the power steering warning light and alarm would flash and the power steering failed. The contact would have to turn off and restart the vehicle in order for the power steering to function correctly; however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 190,000.

- Dover, AR, USA

Nov 052014

HHR

2007 Chevy HHR with mileage 63,223. No problems until 11/05/14 recall 14063 ignition switch and 14113 lock cylinder were replaced. 20 days later after fighting with GM and dealership for 3 weeks it was towed back to dealership because vehicle would not start and key would not come out of ignition. Tested charging system and found battery to fail. Replaced battery, vehicle started and key released until the next time I went to start it about 2 weeks later. Vehicle wouldn't start and key would not come out of ignition again. 01/30/15 different dealership came to my house picked up the HHR and took it in for recall special coverage 14632 floor shifter replaced. Before I could get the vehicle back the dealership called and informed me the new battery had frozen and would not accept a charge. I replaced that battery with another new battery. Their diagnosis was I needed a new body control module estimated parts and labor $600 before I would ever be able to drive it. I have not drove the vehicle in over a year. It has been sitting in storage. I am authorizing the dealership to begin work on it tomorrow. If by replacing the body control module it corrects all the electrical problems this vehicle has I would expect General Motors to issue a recall eventually and reimburse me for the expense of parts and labor. 06/30/2016 vehicle in for BCM replacement. Returned on 07/11/2016. On 07/11 I moved it about 30 feet and positioned it in the turn around. On 07/12 I went out to put the HHR in garage and the vehicle would not start once again. Key fob wouldn't even unlock the doors. Update....7/13 another new battery. Started 7/13 - 7/22. 7/23 key fob woudln't even open doors. Vehicle wouldn't start and key locked in the ignition again. I want G.M. to buy this piece of crap HHR back. The only satisfaction I will accept. Finalized and non negotiable. I want my money back!

Jul 132016

HHR

2007 Chevy HHR with mileage of 63,223. No problems until 11/05/14 recall 14063 ignition switch and 14113 lock cylinder were replaced. 20 days later after fighting with GM and the dealership for 3 weeks it was towed back to dealership because vehicle would not start and key would not come out of ignition. Tested charging system and found battery to fail. Replaced battery, vehicle started and key released until the next time I went to start it about 2 weeks later. Vehicle wouldn't start and key would not come out of ignition again. 01/30/15 different dealership came to my house to pick up the vehicle and took it in for recall special coverage 14632 floor shifter replaced. Before I could get the vehicle back the dealership called and informed me the new battery had frozen and would not accept a charge. I replaced that battery with another new battery. Their diagnosis was I needed a new body control module estimated parts and labor $600 before I would ever be able to drive it. I have not drove the vehicle in over a year. It has been sitting in storage. I am authorizing the dealership to begin work on it tomorrow. If by replacing the body control module it corrects all the electrical problems this vehicle has I would expect General Motors to issue a recall eventually and reimburse me for the expense of parts and labor. 06/30/2016 vehicle in for BCM replacement. Returned on 07/11/2016 without notification just left in the driveway with keys and service invoice inside vehicle. On 07/11 I moved about it about 30 feet and positioned it in the turn around. On 07/12 I went out to put the HHR in garage before storm hit and the vehicle would not start once again. Key fob wouldn't even unlock the doors this morning. Update..it was the BCM. Dealership failed to disconnect battery while waiting for repair parts and killed a brand new battery. Battery replaced 7/13 still starting 7/18

Jul 082016

HHR

Power steering suddenly stops working and indicator light on dashboard says power steering- this happens intermittently while driving. Most of the time shutting of the vehicle and then restarting it will get the power steering working again for a short time. After driving the vehicle or allowing it to idle in the driveway then turning it off it will not start again for a minimum of 1 hour. While driving -slowing down to make a left hand turn- the engine has abruptly shut off and not immediately restarted. This is an extremely unsafe vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- East Greenwich, RI, USA

Jul 122016

HHR

2007 Chevy HHR with mileage of 63,223. No problems until 11/05/14 recall 14063 ignition switch and 14113 lock cylinder were replaced. 20 days later after fighting with GM and the dealership for 3 weeks it was towed back to dealership because vehicle would not start and key would not come out of ignition. Tested charging system and found battery to fail. Replaced battery, vehicle started and key released until the next time I went to start it about 2 weeks later. Vehicle wouldn't start and key would not come out of ignition again. 01/30/15 different dealership came to my house to pick up the vehicle and took it in for recall special coverage 14632 floor shifter replaced. Before I could get the vehicle back the dealership called and informed me the new battery had frozen and would not accept a charge. I replaced that battery with another new battery. Their diagnosis was I needed a new body control module estimated parts and labor $600 before I would ever be able to drive it. I have not drove the vehicle in over a year. It has been sitting in storage. I am authorizing the dealership to begin work on it tomorrow. If by replacing the body control module it corrects all the electrical problems this vehicle has I would expect General Motors to issue a recall eventually and reimburse me for the expense of parts and labor. 06/30/2016 vehicle in for BCM replacement. Returned on 07/11/2016 without notification just left in the driveway with keys and service invoice inside vehicle. On 07/11 I moved about it about 30 feet and positioned it in the turn around. On 07/12 I went out to put the HHR in garage before storm hit and the vehicle would not start once again. Key fob wouldn't even unlock the doors this morning. Apparently problem was not the BCM. Called dealership this morning and they are coming back today to pick it up. GM should replace this HHR with one that is operable.

Nov 052014

Mar 102016

HHR

I have a problem with my headlights mainly on the driver side I have to use my high beams in order to see something and that's when I'm in motion or not. Then now my steering I don't know what's wrong with it but I can start my car up and I can drive and all the sudden my steering wheel gets hard to where I can't turn it, it's hard to turn. My electrical in my vehicle it is very bad my radio keeps popping on and off. I have to hit my headlights to keep thm on and it keeps going on and off and I'm guessing this due to my electrical.

- Little Rock, AR, USA

May 012016

HHR

On 3 different occasions it has rained while my car sat overnight and water has seeped in the passenger side compartment from behind the glove box, I have had this addressed 3 times and repaired 3 times and found out that it is a small flap that covers a hole on the firewall that fails or falls off making it so that water enters the vehicle. This is not a isolated incident other HHR owners say they have the same problem.

- Park Forest, IL, USA

Jul 152015

HHR

Inside door handle broken cant open door, electric mirror switch fell into door, back indoor panel falling off, leak through passenger door behind front passenger. These are ongoing issues with other HHR owners and need to be addressed. The door latch is made of very cheap plastic. You can verify with all youtube videos.

- Hillsboro, OR, USA

Nov 202015

HHR

Power steering stops working. When I restart the car power steering will resume to work. It may hrs or days before it stops again. This only happened will driving. Stereo some times flashes and unable to turn stations. Some times my inter-lights will flash and not work afterwards. Both of these issues happens whenever.

- Elsie, MI, USA

Sep 292015

HHR

My husband was injured in an accident on 9-29-2015. What happened was my husband was stopped on the interstate and a truck slammed into my husband. He said his car turned off as soon as the first impact, airbags did not deploy. There was a second impact from the same truck, which was on my husbands passenger side. The car is completely totaled. My husband was lucky to walk away from this accident. The HHR was recalled for the ignition switch last year and we had the new part installed 2/2015 when the dealership received the parts. We have two issues electrical, why did his car turn off when it was hit from the rear" did the impact knock the ignition switch out of place? also why didn't the airbags deploy" now I know if the car is off the airbags are off but why did the car go from on to completely off unless it was a faulty new part that we received in our car.

- Killeen, TX, USA

Sep 102014

HHR

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. While driving approximately 35 mph, the entire instrument panel failed. The failure occurred intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 73,000.

- Copperas Cove , TX, USA

Jul 312015

HHR

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the temperature gauge failed to operate intermittently. As a result, the contact was unaware of the temperature of the vehicle in the event the engine overheated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 83,369.

- Prudenville, MI, USA

Jun 012015

HHR 4-cyl

2007 Chevrolet HHR. Consumer writes in regards to recall replacement keys issue. The consumer stated she lost one of the replacement keys that was given to her, after the recall was completed. No one could assure her the replacement keys were different from the original keys. Updated 09/08/15

- Harlingen, TX, USA

Sep 012014

HHR

It doesnt matter what speed I am driving or how long I have been driving, my power steering will randomly go out. Sometimes I can make it an entire trip without it going and sometimes I cant even get out of my parking space before it goes. The only way to get it to to work is to shut off the car and turn it back on. Ive taken it to a mechanic and he said that the power steering motor was dead. I cannot afford this part and I dont understand why some of the newer Hhrs are being recalled and the 2007 is not when there are plenty of complaints and issues of the same nature. My car is near about impossible to drive and I live near a high volume population and I am afraid that my lack of being able to safely drive my car could result in an accident.

- Leesburg, FL, USA

Apr 172015

HHR

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. Once the vehicle was started, the power steering malfunctioned and failed to work. In order to get the power steering to work, the vehicle had to be restarted. The vehicle was not diagnosed by an independent mechanic or dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Feb 172015

HHR 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The dealer repaired the vehicle according to NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V047000 (electrical system) and 14V171000 (electrical system) in November of 2014. After the repair, the key became stuck in the ignition and the battery was drained. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the battery was replaced and the switch was replaced. Also, the floor shifter needed to be replaced. The contact spoke with the manufacturer and filed a complaint. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was unknown. Updated 07/13/16

Jun 222014

HHR

In June of 2014 my cars ignition turned off as a result I almost impacted with another vehicle. Also after this my temp guage no longer worked. Took it to bill holt Chevrolet where they replaced my ignition switch after I got it back my drivers door will not lock or unlock consistently not even with the key, my service airbag and power steering lights keep coming on, and now radio and instrument panel lights go off. I have to stop turn the car off and restart they might come back on and they might not. I am reluctant to take the car back to bill holt Chevrolet as they kept the car for 3 and a half months to repair the ignition. Also I can get no satisfaction out of them when I picked up the car the last time my temp gauage still wasnt working they said it had nothing to do with the recall. I am reluctant to drive for any distance as the power steering fails often. I have contacted GM on several occasions and can get no satisfaction from them either. Are they not goverened by an Agency that makes sure these repairs are done and done correctly. Please email me who I need to contact to get these issues resolved. Carterbrenda53@yahoo.com

- Canton, GA, USA

Mar 252015

HHR

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that after the vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system), the ignition key failed to go into the off position and the check engine warning light illuminated. After the ignition key was moved to the off position, the ignition key failed to disengage from the vehicle. In addition, the contact stated that the following day, the vehicle failed to start as the service air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Wood River, IL, USA

Jan 122015

HHR

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The contact had the vehicle repaired according to NHTSA campaign number:14V171000 (electrical system), but the vehicle began having more electrical issues after the repair. The headlights randomly failed, the lights on the instrument panel would blink, and the radio would turn on and off automatically. The contact stated that the steering worked properly after the repair. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer, but they were unable to determine the cause of the failures. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 37,000.

- Lehigh Acres, FL, USA