2007 Chevrolet HHR engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet HHR:

2007 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Mar 012016

I was driving around 30 mph and sped up to pass a car. All of a sudden, the accelerator pedal went to the floor and was stuck there. I couldn't budge it. Luckily, my brakes were strong enough to overpower the accelerator. I stopped the car and shut it off. I was stranded. My mom came down and turned it on again and it was fine. I had her drive me home since I am eight months pregnant. This was a really scary occurance and I am worried it may happen to someone else. I brought the car to the dealer to get it fixed but they couldn't find anything wrong. So here I am with a potentially dangerous vehicle with no knowledge of what may be wrong. In addition, after doing some research I found that others have had the same problem. Some have been in accidents because of it. What is it going to take before this is recalled" a death" I wouldn't recommend anyone buy this car. At least this year of this model.

- Lewiston, ME, USA

Oct 012014

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that while attempting a right turn, the vehicle abnormally accelerated. The contact crashed into a retaining wall and another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy and the seat belt failed to restrain the contact securely. Additionally, the vehicle stalled and the doors could not be unlocked. The contact became trapped in the vehicle. A police report was filed of the incident. The contact sustained injuries to the knee, chest and arm. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 42,990. Kmj

- Deer Lodge, MT, USA

Apr 012014

I have been experiencing problems with this vehicle every since I got it. Now with me reading these recalls come to find out this car is not safe at all. When I get to 60mph my car shakes. I thought it was the brakes but I have brand new brake put on. It still shakes when trying to ride on the highway. Is anyone else having these issues?

- Euclid , OH, USA

Oct 272013

HHR 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the accelerator pedal became stuck to the floorboard while driving approximately 35 mph. The contact was not able to control the vehicle or dislodge the accelerator pedal. The vehicle then flipped over and landed with the driver's side facing the ground. The contact was able to exit the vehicle unharmed through the passenger's side of the vehicle. The vehicle was destroyed and a police report was filed. The approximate failure and current mileage was 112,000. Updated 12-30-13

- Castle Rock , CO, USA