2008 Chevrolet HHR brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet HHR:

2008 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Mar 242016

HHR

When I buhgt this vehicle it was the left side shocked solver was loss unscrewed locky me I found the before anything happened in the hwy then I found unther the vehicle a big bump like this car was in a crash accident I explains the dealer sales man and he toll me to he don't know a bought it then one wheel was more big than the other wheels so I bought another tire I then start search the information on this car with no success even car max is no record of the vehicle I the continued driving the car and I find out this car was a car crash vehicle because I notice driver side was panel fix and for more to know this car is unsafely to drive when you go more that 50" miles in a rain the car easy derail and locky I be have not vehicle in my side it happen to me three time I call the dealership and ask to change me this vehicle is to danger to drive and there respond was sale the car and buy me another one that tell me the unresponsive they are no care if another family buy the car and then they can have a accident and even kill them salfe I toll him I can not sale a vehicle that is unsafe to any one so that's way I reported to you guys to put a stop to this dealer because I notice they have a big junk yard in the back of the dealership and that tell me that they fix junk cars and resales with unsafety esue and they need to be inspected to see they not risk family's out there and I want my money back and my expencess I put to this junk.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Sep 112014

HHR 4-cyl

The contact owned a 2008 Chevrolet HHR. While driving approximately 50 mph, the vehicle veered to the left and crashed into the front end of a truck. The driver was killed. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The contact stated that the VIN was included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system) and 14V171000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 315,000. Updated 11/12/14 updated 4/29/2015

- Wetumpka, AL, USA

Sep 172014

HHR

I start my car and go to pull out onto the road and there was no power steering which could have caused me to wreck. The power steering light came on. I pulled over and shut the car off and restarted the car. Same problem. Very very dangerous!!!..updated 10/15/14 updated 4/7/2015

- Chilhowie, VA, USA

Aug 292008

HHR 4-cyl

Ever since I have had this car that I bought new, there have been electrical problems. The dashboard lights just go off while driving down the road. When the dash lights blink back on, the lighting brightness switch does not work, the roller to make it brighter does not dim the dash lights, until they all just go off again.? the tire sensors all go off and there is no readings for tire pressure. You check the tire pressure manually and they are all ok. The door locks don't work properly. If you use the key fob, the doors will lock and then you can't get them open again with the key fob and you are stuck. The key in the door won't even open the door, it is locked up tight. I have taken it into the dealer under warranty 3 times and they can find nothing wrong. I just don't lock my car anymore.

- Hot Springs Village, AR, USA

May 172013

HHR 4-cyl

I purchased my 2008 Chevy HHR from a dealership in ky in February 2013, with around 55K miles on it. Due to the amount of miles I also purchased an extended GM power train warranty. Toward the end of may, I was driving on the hi-way coming off an exit, going between 45-55 miles an hour veering to the right, when the power steering in my car went out. The mileage screen flashed power steering and I could hardly steer my car to get off the exit onto another hi-way. I drove my car home and parked it in the driveway. The next morning I got up and started my car, drove it and it was ok. However, the next day the power steering went out again and has every day since then. In the beginning I would turn my car off, wait 1 to 2 minutes, start my car and it would be fine. Starting last month, the power steering goes off every 2 to 5 minutes regardless if I re-start my car or not.... it does not matter if I am trying to make a turn, or driving down a straight road. I can have the ac on, the ac off and the power steering goes out within 2 minutes of me starting my car. I was told in order for my GM power train warranty to be covered, I had to my car to a Chevy service station, which I did on 6/27/2013 and was told that the power train warranty did not cover the power steering electric motor. Since the incident I have been researching this issue, and have read that is a very common occurrence for the HHR's, but GM has done nothing about it. I have also emailed and spoken with a Chevy complaint person and was also told nothing would be done about it. Seems to me this is a safety issue, of the same kind the Chevy cobalts were recalled for... why is nothing being done for the Chevy HHR's with the same issue?

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Apr 022012

HHR 4-cyl Diesel

Vehicle will show ecs code in dic message center and ESC will be disabled. Vehicle will then lose power steering short time later and you will have no power steering. Has been happening since warranty expired at 36,000 miles. It will reset after engine is turned off, however after about 20 minutes of steady driving you will lose power steering.

- Troy, NY, USA

Jan 142011

HHR

After driving for more than 10-30 min, at any speed but usually at or above 50 mph, the power steering would malfunction intermittently, steering/handling became difficult. Feels like it's over-correcting or is ice-skating around the lane when keeping the wheel straight. Occasionally HHR will buck while driving on the highway, would slow down to 55-65mph and still experience rough bucking & poor handling. Took to dealership to fix what I thought was an alignment issue, they said there were no other problems, but still experience them almost daily. Also have had troubles removing the key from ignition after shifting the car into park.

- Davisburg, MI, USA