2008 Chevrolet HHR electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet HHR:

2008 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Apr 012014

HHR 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V171000 (electrical system) had exceeded a reasonable time for repair. The contact received the recall notification in April of 2014 however, the dealer stated that the part was not available for repair. The VIN was not available. The contact did not experience any failure. Updated 8/19/14 the consumer stated the ignition was replaced on 08/04/2014. Updated 08/28/2014

- Deming, NM, USA

Dec 162013

HHR

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet HHR. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id numbers: 14V04700 (air bags, electrical system) and 14V17100 (electrical system). The contact stated that the parts were unavailable to perform either recall repair. The manufacture was made aware of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Newfield, NY, USA

Mar 282014

HHR

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet HHR. The contact received recall notification for NHTSA campaign id number 14V171000 (electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified of the delay. There were no failures.

- Swan Lake , NY, USA

May 012014

HHR

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet HHR. The contact received notifications for NHTSA campaign id numbers: 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system) and 14V171000 (electrical system) however, the parts needed were not available in order to perform the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure. The vehicle current mileage was unknown.

- Hammond, LA, USA

Apr 142014

HHR

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet HHR. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system). The contact stated that the recall had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The dealer indicated that parts were not available. Contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the delay.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Feb 062014

HHR

The car hit a bump on the street and power steering alarm went off indicating a loss of that function. When pulled over to the side of the road, and ignition was turned off and back on, the problem resolved. From there on out, this problem would occur at irregular times whether the car hit a bump or not and the same remedy was used: Pull over, turn switch off, turn switch back on and proceed. Within a distance of 32 miles, this averaged about 6 times. Today the dealership called and reported the car was fixed, but when my wife asked about the power steering problem, we were told "if it happens again, just bring it back", which doesn't sound as if that part of the ignition switch was fixed. We did not want to sign off on our car until the entire problem was taken care of. Thank you for any help in this matter.

- Carrollton, GA, USA

Sep 122013

HHR

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the key would sporadically release from the ignition. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who performed an inspection and stated that the ignition locking system and ignition cylinder failed. The locking system and the ignition were replaced. The manufacturer advised was also contacted and advised that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number14V047000 (air bags, electrical system). The failure mileage was 113,000 and the current mileage was 121,000.

- College Grove , TN, USA

Jan 072014

HHR 4-cyl

Was driving at highway speed and all of a sudden my car got hard to steer and a chime dinged and my screen on the dash read (power steering) was coming up on a turn and it took me and the passenger to manually turn the wheel with great effort on both our parts, this was scary! if I had been alone I'm not sure if I could have negotiated the turn thus ending in a one vehicle collision.

- Vanceburg, KY, USA

Nov 072013

HHR 4-cyl

While operating, my vehicles power steering shuts off and my "power steering" alert appears on the dash. If the car is shut off, and turned back on it works properly; and then shuts off again randomly. This happens nearly every time I drive it, sometimes several times. There is nothing consistent with driving conditions, speed, duration of driving when it occurs.

- El Segundo, CA, USA

Nov 072013

HHR 4-cyl

My battery went out on me. Then I had it replaced and then the power steering went out. I noticed that they was a recall on it. Also that this has happen to so many other folks.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

May 062013

My key won't turn the ignition on at all take you 5 mins just to get it to work

- Amarillo, TX, USA

Sep 092013

HHR 4-cyl

While driving at speeds upwards of 45 mph, the power steering light came on and I lost power steering. I almost got into a crash and was unable to safely steer the vehicle. Once the vehicle was turned off the steering was returned. And then it would go out again until the vehicle was turned off again. Upon searching the internet I saw that 1.3 million vehicles were recalled for the exact same issue but the Chevy HHR was not one of them. It seems to be a hazardous issue according to Chevy's recall, and the have received multiple complaints from HHR owners and haven't recalled this part on the HHR.

- Garden Grove, CA, USA

Sep 152012

HHR 4-cyl

The power steering keeps turning on so it makes it hard to drive or steer and it cuts into my mpg.

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Jul 152013

HHR 4-cyl

Power steering stopped working while driving. If I turn off the car and restart it, the power steering starts working again for a short time and then goes out again. With all the similar complaints I've been reading, Chevrolet should do a recall before someone gets seriously hurt.

- Middletown, PA, USA

Jun 222013

HHR 4-cyl

The ignition is locked in the on position. It will not shut off, the only way to turn it off S to removed the fuel pump fuse and then disconnect the battery. The battery is located under the spare tire in the trunk area.

- Marshfield, MO, USA

Feb 282009

HHR 4-cyl

The door locks stick and still do. I have even been locked in my vehicle. HHR has been in dealer 9 times for door locks sticking (have work orders). Don't trust dealer or GM to fix problem. You put vehicle in park and the passenger door lock sticks. The door lock will not unlock with automatic door un lock. We worked hard to purchase a new vehicle to have it not live up to the quality we were lead it to be. Vehicles no count we want our money back. We had a washing machine it was worked on 4 times the fifth time it acted up they replaced it with a new one. What would you do if you were locked in your vehicle. I have video of it on cell phone. The vehicle was purchased new from dealer. Updated 02/06/14. Updated 02/19/15.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Jan 072013

HHR 4-cyl

It would not shut off. I cannot turn the key. I received a recall notice in October, but they said it was not my car. They refuse to fix it because it has too many miles and it is ruled a courtesy thing not an official recall. I am not happy, and have to disconnect wires under the hood to shut it off.

- Section, AL, USA

Aug 062010

HHR

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the computer monitor was providing incorrect information and the warning lights were illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that the failure of the computer monitor was caused by the oxygen sensor. The vehicle was repaired under the vehicle warranty however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 84,000, and the current mileage was 90,000.

- Jackson, MS, USA

Jul 282008

HHR

I bought this car in June of 2008. It has been in the shop 17 times with electrical problems the brakes have quite working came to a stop sign and they went to the floor the car has shut off several times going down the road and when it rains really hard the car will not start it drains my brand new battery I got the car from bob steel Chevrolet in cocca fl they kept telling me there was nothing they could do I called a lawyer and GM motors decided to give me 10% of the car and they never fixed the car this it the 4th battery because it is draining them so much there no good GM motors told me they were going to label the car as a lemon but because I bought it used they weren't going to buy it back they also told me that the 2007 had the same problem but because this was a 2008 and no other problems with this model to just deal with it I don't know what lest to do please help.

- Mims, FL, USA

Apr 152010

HHR

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet HHR. The contact was driving 35 mph when the vehicle decreased in speed despite the accelerator pedal being depressed. The traction warning light illuminated during the failure. The vehicle was taken to the dealer nine times. The dealer confirmed the fuse box the wiring housing and transmission needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was contacted. The vehicle was not repaired and the VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 55,000 and the current mileage was 83,000.

- Sheffield Lake, OH, USA