2.9

2008 Chevrolet HHR wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet HHR:

2008 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Dec 272012

HHR

Capitol tires 215/50Z radial tubeless all season sport uhp 12/27/12- purchased 4 tires 1/10/13- bubble on side of tire 12/27/14- bubbles on sides of 2 more tires I have never had this problem with any other tires.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Feb 282009

HHR 4-cyl

2008 Chevrolet HHR. Door locks stick. Vehicle has locked me in. Door locks still stick. Has been in dealer eight times where purchased to be fixed. Purchased new.have all work orders.also have had trouble with radio and tire pressure. We have video of me being locked in vehicle and door locks sticking. We purchased the 2008 HHR in good faith the door locks have given us trouble from day one of purchase. GM had people come from main office to dealer they have seen the work orders and video of door locks sticking. Rep. From GM told me I could always climb out the window.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Aug 232012

HHR 4-cyl

This car is a safety hazard going down road. I bought it new in 2008. Rotors & brakes are horrible - have to have repaired multiple times. Bearings have went out, replaced & one went out again. I spend approx 1200 dollars a year just to get shaking out of front end, turning rotors & tires. But that isn't really the problem I am reporting: Was having trouble with ignition switch - it was recalled - took it to dealer to have it replaced - understand that I was having no problems with car at this time - upon leaving dealers and within 15 miles power steering light comes on & I lose power steering. Now my power steering goes out unexpectedly whenever it decides to. Took back to dealer because I felt this was something they messed up and was told this is just a problem with Hhrs and that power steering motor needs to be replaced. After researching this...it is very common with this car, along with brake issues, severe shaking in front, bearings going out and many other problems that I have also had. I realize my car is high mileage, I work as a home health nurse & use this car for work, but I do keep it maintained. I hope that I will be able to get into different car before I get in accident in this one.

- Lufkin, TX, USA