2008 Chevrolet HHR wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet HHR:

2008 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Mar 242016

When I buhgt this vehicle it was the left side shocked solver was loss unscrewed locky me I found the before anything happened in the hwy then I found unther the vehicle a big bump like this car was in a crash accident I explains the dealer sales man and he toll me to he don't know a bought it then one wheel was more big than the other wheels so I bought another tire I then start search the information on this car with no success even car max is no record of the vehicle I the continued driving the car and I find out this car was a car crash vehicle because I notice driver side was panel fix and for more to know this car is unsafely to drive when you go more that 50" miles in a rain the car easy derail and locky I be have not vehicle in my side it happen to me three time I call the dealership and ask to change me this vehicle is to danger to drive and there respond was sale the car and buy me another one that tell me the unresponsive they are no care if another family buy the car and then they can have a accident and even kill them salfe I toll him I can not sale a vehicle that is unsafe to any one so that's way I reported to you guys to put a stop to this dealer because I notice they have a big junk yard in the back of the dealership and that tell me that they fix junk cars and resales with unsafety esue and they need to be inspected to see they not risk family's out there and I want my money back and my expencess I put to this junk.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Mar 262014

HHR 4-cyl

When I first bought the car was not able to test on hwy condition but it came with extended bumper to bumper warranty the first time got on freeway shake horrible while braking. Two months past had rotors turned new brakes put on by good year shop first time on freeway still shakes horrible. With ne rotors and pads will still shake this has been fully inspected twice and no problems. It just seems to me that are to many complaints about this issue not to have a tsb or recall its not fair to the consumer and its seems dangerous to have a shaking car while slowing down at 50 mph 40 mph. Current miles 50K.

- Beaverton, OR, USA

Jun 152011

Our 2008 Chevy HHR just starts to shake on the highway once it hits 60 mph to about 64 mph, then it goes away. The shaking is really bad it makes the whole car shake and my hands began to shake pretty hard on the steering wheel. We've replaced all the tires with brand new Goodyear Eagle GT and them balanced and wheel alignment was done. But the car still shakes at that speed.

- Buda, TX, USA

Aug 012011

HHR 4-cyl

When braking to come to a stop the brakes/wheels shutter and shake violently.

- Edgewood , MD, USA

Aug 062011

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet HHR ss. The contact stated that all four rims on the vehicle are cracking next to the valve stem. The contact contacted the manufacturer and was told to take the vehicle to the dealer for inspection. The contact had not taken the vehicle to the dealer. The failure mileage was 87,000.

- Joelette, WY, USA

Mar 012010

We own a 2008 HHR and it has been nothing but trouble. First when we purchased the car in Dec 2008 it had 23,000 miles on it. Two months after we got the car we had to replace both front rotors on it and after fighting with GM they agreed to pay for the rotors. At this time they told us that the car needed new tires and a front end alignment at 26,000 miles. Then just two months ago at 61,000 miles it had a rumbling noise in the front end, the drivetrain was still under warrenty.the dealer told me that the right side axle bearing was bad and they replaced it, and also at this time they told us that the lower ball joint needed to be replaced at a cost to us of over $400. Just last week the rumbling noise returned, I returned the car to the dealer again and they told us that this the left axle bearing was bad, warranty also covered this repair. Also they said that the car needed the front rotors turned and new brake pads on wife hit a pothole about three weeks ago and bent the wheel. Cost to replace the wheel was $150. When I rotated the tires as per gms advice I noticed that the right front strut was leaking, and as well as the left rear shock absorber. The only thing I like about this car was its looks. So next week we are going to buy a Ford Focus.. its no wonder GM had to have the government bail them out...

- Poca, WV, USA