2010 Chevrolet HHR body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet HHR:

2010 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Feb 232016

HHR

The doors come open while driving.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Sep 162012

HHR

Both inside front door handles broke off before the car was 2 years old. I am disabled and with the other problems I am reporting that are related to this car, this is a serious safety issue that would trap me in the car if there were ever an accident. With the windows not being able to be rolled down from the driver's side control panel it is impossible to open the two front doors if you don't have small enough fingers to reach inside the door and unlatch the mechanism. Everyone I have spoken who has an HHR are also having the same problems.

- Rome, GA, USA

Feb 182015

HHR

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the front driver's side interior door handle fractured. In addition, both rear door handles fractured. The driver and rear seat passengers could only exit the vehicle by releasing the window and accessing the exterior door handle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Tifton, GA, USA

Nov 282014

HHR 4-cyl

I was going 25 mph when I crashed causing over 5,000 dollars worth of auto and property damage in addition to the medical bills which I have not received in full yet. The car malfunctioned while I was driving and I was not able to control it. I received the recall information in the mail, but the car had not been repaired. Also, the airbags did not deploy when the crash happened. I suffered a concussion due to the accident. I was the only person injured.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jan 012013

HHR

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that when driving at various speeds with the windows opened, the vehicle vibrated causing his ears to ache. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the failure was unable to be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000 and the current mileage was 129,000.the VIN was not available.

- Saint Stephen , SC, USA

Mar 272014

HHR 4-cyl

I attempted to open my 2010 Chevy HHR's rear passenger door. The door would not open. All other doors are opening ok. The rear driver's side passenger door would not open under any circumstances. This an extremely dangerous situation. Not being to exit a vehicle under emergency circumstances can cause serious injury or death. It is my understanding that although GM is aware of this problem they have done nothing about it. The GM dealer I brought the vehicle to told me it was my problem, not GM's. I have faced multiple issues with this vehicle; key stuck in ignition, power steering fail while driving, multiple sets of brakes burnt out, inside driver's door handle breaking off and now this new issue with the door. The NHTSA really needs to urgently address the multiple problems with this vehicle and hold GM responsible for their poor engineering and quality control, before someone else loses their life.

- Cobleskill, NY, USA

Feb 032014

HHR

Exterior "sun visor" started to vibrate at high speed (70 mph). The 2 adhesive posts that are attached to the windshield detached from the windshield. Vibrations caused the windshield to crack.

- Morganton, NC, USA

Nov 302013

HHR 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the driver's side interior door handle became fractured when engaged. In order for the contact to exit the vehicle, the front seat passenger released the exterior door handle to open the door. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 20,500.

- Indian Harbor Beach , FL, USA

Aug 042013

HHR

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that as he exited the vehicle, the interior door handle became detached. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the entire door panel was replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 47,500.

- Pinole, CA, USA

Aug 122013

HHR 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the driver's side interior door handle became fractured. The contact mentioned that in order to open the door, he had to open window and use the exterior handle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 34,000. Updated 09/18/13 the consumer stated the door handle broke off in his hand. The door handle was replaced, by the dealer.

- Downingtown , PA, USA

Mar 072013

HHR 4-cyl

On 3/7/13 my service air bag light came on the next day my door handle broke off and I called GM and they stated they had been no recalls for these problems. After looking online I saw that people were having all kinds of problems with these issues and they are both big safety issues. I feel like GM is not wanting to take care of these issues. The air bag could deploy at any time and the if I was in a wreck or auto was on fire I'd have no way of getting out the vehicle with the door handle broke off. They just told me it was up to me or I'd have to wait until they was enough complaints. That doesn't seem right now I'm having to leave the car sitting cause of these safety issues since I'm on a limited income and GM should be responsible for these safety issues. Thank you very much

- Livingston, TN, USA

Mar 052013

HHR 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the driver's side plastic interior door handle failed and the contact could not exit the vehicle. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer where they stated that the entire door panel needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 20,766.

- Mcallen, TX, USA

May 222012

HHR

Water started coming in vehicle from hood release lever on driver side kick panel while driving in the rain. Vehicle was taken to dealer, repaired. However during the next severe rain storm approximately 5 month later it again failed and leaked again. Dealer stated it was repaired the second time, however again 4 months later during a severe rain storm it again failed and leaked. It was not repaired the third time, dealer stating that it was not leaking, and nothing was wrong with the car. Dealer refuses to honor Washington lemon law. Dealer initiated a trade for the vehicle, however only want to give 1/2 what paid for the vehicle 11 months earlier. Have found multiple references that this is a known issue but no recall done on vehicle, only stopped manufacturing it.

- Renton, WA, USA