2.5

2010 Chevrolet HHR seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet HHR:

2010 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Apr 012015

HHR

While putting on new seat covers I noticed the bottom seat belt swivel attachment to the car rusted. Checked both front seats and they were both crusty rusted. This can't be good. I have pictures to verify my finding. Awaiting your reply. Thank you.

- Mililani, HI, USA

Jan 022014

HHR 4-cyl

The SRS light was red and stood lit for one month and then it went away, I have 3 children under 17 years of age and this problem just worries me and has me worried about the safety of my family while in this car. We had the ignition replace by the dealer about a year ago, because my wife could not turn off the car. No other problems reported by my wife. We love our HHR. Great family car. We might need to go bigger since our growing family. Hope this problem of SRS gets fixed or does not become a future problem.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Apr 292013

HHR 4-cyl

My seat belt continued to get stuck on the drivers side of my HHR. (what if I were to have had a wreck and couldn't get out?) took vehicle into a dealership Monday 4/29/2013 evening around 5 to have them look at it to see if there was anything stuck etc. With the buckle itself. Service writer looked at it and managed to get it stuck and from then I could not get the buckle unbuckled so therefore I have had to drive around sitting on my seat belt. The service writer determined that it was the mechanism in the buckle itself causing the seat belt to get stuck. Since my warranty is up because I am over 14,000 miles I am having to foot the bill for this item. The car is only 3 years old has never had a wreck nor have I spilled anything or done damage to this buckle. I feel that this is a safety issue that needs to be looked at and paid for by Chevy. Cars from the 60's and 70's still have their original buckles so therefore why am I having to replace one that is 3 years old?! I also called around to wrecking yards to possibly locate the part and come to find out I am not the only one having this issue because the guy at the shop knew exactly the part I was looking for and which side I was looking for as soon as I said HHR.

- Lewisville, TX, USA