3.5

2011 Chevrolet HHR body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet HHR:

2011 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Nov 122015

HHR

I am filing this complaint, as a safty concern / hazard notice, associated with my 2011 Chevrolet HHR. Please be advised that this vehicle was purchased new by me, and has never been involved in any traffic accidents. This complaint concerns the mechanical failure of the vehicles drivers side, rear door latch. On November 12, 2015, after picking up my dog from the groomer, I placed her into her carrier, located behind the drivers seat. I closed the door, and proceeded to drive out of the parking lot. As I began to pull out, onto the roadway, I glanced at my outside rearview mirror, and noticed that the door had partially opened. I immediately stopped, thinking that I had possibly not closed the door securely, or that there was possibly something in the way that prevented the door from latching closed. Exiting the vehicle, I looked for anything that could have been in the way, but there was nothing. I attempted to firmly "close" the door, however, the door would not latch closed. I was able to drive the vehicle home while my wife held the door closed with our dog leash attached to it. After returning home, I was able to exercise and examine the door latch, and concluded that it in fact had "mechanically failed". the door latch would have to be removed and replaced. I contacted brad's collision center ( 22202 N. 19th ave., phoenix, AZ 85027 ), in the afternoon, to have the latch looked at, and confirm my conclusion that it had failed. The inspector agreed ( commenting that this failure was "very rare" ). at this point, I made arrangements for the latch removal and replacement, to be done on 11/13/15. The door latch was replaced. A copy of the repair order is included. The failed rear door latch was returned to me, and I will store it, in the event that the NHTSA would want it / need it, to perform a failure analysis.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Apr 052014

HHR

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the front driver's side door was unable to open from the inside. The contact mentioned that the window had to be opened in order to open the door from the outside. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Lynbrook, NY, USA

Oct 012013

HHR

TL- the contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the front driver side door could not be unlocked or opened from the inside. The contact indicated that the driver had to exit the vehicle using the passenger side door. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified and no solution was offered. The failure mileage was 36,000. Jft

- Chase Mills , NY, USA

Mar 162011

HHR

When I bought this car the back doors where a little hard to open I chalked it down to it still being not broke in well I've had this car for a year now and the back handles do not work at all from the inside sometimes one will work this is a big safety issue if there is a accident who ever is sitting in the back cannot open the doors I really think Chevy needs to fix this issue before they get sued only hope no one gets killed / hurt over the back doors being opened I've had it checked 2 times they said its just because of lack of use that's bs considering its been well used for the year I've had it and now the check engine light is coming on great.

- Sanders, KY, USA

Aug 092013

HHR

Went to pull interior door handle on driver side and it came off in my hand. Used same amount of force to open as I have every other previous time.

- Dothan, AL, USA

May 282013

HHR

Both rear door latches have been giving problems. LH door latch sticks and now rh rear door latch will not latch. Have a bungy cord between doors to keep shut. Safety issue!!! no recalls.

- Brooktondale, NY, USA

Dec 012012

HHR 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the driver's side interior door handle fractured and separated from the door panel. The contact had to open the driver's side window and reach out to open the door using the exterior door handle. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 39,000 and the current mileage was 40,298. The consumer stated when he exited the vehicle, the inside driver's door handle snapped off and broke. Updated 01/07/13

- Overland Park , KS, USA