2011 Chevrolet HHR suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet HHR:

2011 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Mar 192014

On Wednesday 3/19/2014 I was forced to purchase this HHR that I didn't want. I drove off orr lot N it was pulling to the left bad, N was jumpin all over the road. I told orr bout it next day, N was told im stuck wit the car. Kept getn pulled over by police, on Monday 4/30/14 sheriff pulled me over cause car nearly went into ditch, he told me N my bf that this car is a road hazard N dangerous, for the manufacture to fix the problem or put me N another vehicle. Took it back to orr N they wouldn't even look at it!! I ha, so he got a truck. I've a 3 yr old lil girl N if we have accident, someone will pay! the right front tire is wore on side only, front pops, motor shakes, and U can smell foul fumes comin N car. I wanted a Dodge truck, not the HHR cause I knew something was wrong wit the HHR, my uncle done the same thing N it never cld B fixed, so he got a truck. This needs to B fixed or put me N a truck, if have accident, there will B trouble. There's too much wrong wit this car, it needs to B totally recalled in my opinion, or lawsuits B piling up!! thank U N please respond asap, my lil girl life cant B replaced, or N E one else's life either.

- Kensett, AR, USA

Feb 132014

I bought my 2011 Chevy HHR from carmax. When I first purchased it, it was pulling to the left. They did an alignment and after it was still pulling to the left. They replaced all of the shocks and struts and realigned it. It is still pulling to the left and they have no reasoning behind it and they can not fix the issue. Can someone please look into this!!

- Arlington, TX, USA

Jan 022014

Merging into traffic car stopped in front of me I pressed the brakes and the rental just continue to slide into the car causing rear end accident warning lights in dash control traction service and engine service soon low oils lights loud noise from brakes loins noise from underparts

- Washington, DC, USA

Feb 202013

HHR 4-cyl

I bought the HHR with 12000 miles on it, from a GM dealer. I told them the car pulled to the left, and they said they would fix it. It has been to the dealer twice, and they say everything is within tolerances. Still pulls to the left. Also the right front tire is wearing out, but not the others.

- Somerset, WI, USA

Jan 012011

HHR 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated while driving 35 mph the steering wheel began pulling to the left. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to correct the problem. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure but did not offer any assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 50 and the current mileage was 17,000. Updated 03/14/12 the consumer stated after test driving the vehicle, he reported to the salesperson, that the vehicle pulled to the left and something was wrong with the steering. The consumer was informed the problem had been found and corrected. The dealer asked the consumer to drive the vehicle about 1000 miles. When the consumer returned the vehicle to the dealer, they found the alignment was out of specification. The repair was made. However, the consumer continued to experience problems. The vehicle had to be aligned several times. Also, the left front tire sensor was not reading the tire pressure and there was a noise coming from the gear shift or axle. The dealer was unable to detect a noise. Updated 04/10/12

- Heyworth, IL, USA