1998 Chevrolet Lumina brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Lumina:

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Owner Comments

Jul 272000

Noticed that back rotors had deep grooves in them at apx 16,000 mi. Reported to dealer, said it was normal..I've had cars with more that never even had rotors turned down, anyway, they replaced 4 brake pads, said they were gone & turned rotors down, cost me $334 I feel it should be covered under warranty, this also happened to a friends car said it was covered under warranty, he told me to check my rotors, thats when I noticed the deep grooves. He has same style car (montecarlo, apx same mileage)the dealer said this is normal!!!!!!!!!! I don't think so. Got no where with GM they'll say & believe what diamond chev tells them.. like I said, my friends dealer, knight Chevy in southbridge MA, said it was under warranty!

- Webster, MA, USA

Jul 212000

When applying the brakes they did not grab as quickly. He took vehicle to dealership, and mechanic told consumer that the left brake rotor was cracked with hot spots. Consumer was concerned because the mechanic told him that the hot spot on the rotors were normal wear and tear.

- Chattanooga, TN, USA