2005 Chevrolet Malibu Classic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Classic:

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Classic Owner Comments

Apr 192010

Malibu Classic 6-cyl

I have a 2005 Chevy Malibu classic. I purchased this car in December of 2006. I have had to have the brakes replaced every six months since I purchased the car. My mechanic advised me to purchase life time brakes from auto zone and swap them out every six months...I am a single mother who does a lot of driving and cannot afford to change my brakes ever six months. Please advise.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jul 232008

Malibu Classic

The bracket holding the brake manifold to the frame lost its bolts causing the front right brake line to rub the engine and cause a hole in the line. My wife lost all her brake fluid and also her brakes.

- Sherman, TX, USA