2.0

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx:

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Owner Comments

Jul 082014

Malibu Maxx

I am writing this for my daughter who is at the end of her rope. The shift cable broke back in July, when she found out the cable was on a recall she had the car towed to riverhead Chevy. She was told there are 3 recalls they would take care of. Around mid September when she called she told them her farther wanted GM's consumers number. The man then gave her two numbers to call, when tried to call them I found out they were sex line numbers. When she called the dealership they were sorry. This is not the way a dealership should run a business ! now in the meantime I had to help her buy another car so she could get back and forth for work (she is a single mom not living at home). Back in Sept. She was told the parts would be in around late Oct. Now she was told not until after Dec. This has gone on for 5 months with countless phone calls to the dealership and GM hot line, how and why is GM allowed to get away with this. I am a mechanic and had a repair shop for more then ten years. I would have been in court a long time ago if I tried to do this. On Dec. 26 we received this recall #14V224 after sitting in a parking lot for 5 months how good will the oil, battery, tires, and gas be?

- East Patchogue, NY, USA

Feb 102014

Malibu Maxx

I turned my car on, and the power steering light came on. Couldn't steer. Turned car off and on, then my steering wheel jerks like crazy for a week. Now driving home from work my steering died completely. Reading about this and I see this is a huge problem for the Malibu and Malibu maxx. Chevy needs to do a recall!!!

- Louisville , TN, USA