7.0

2. replace headlight/ turn sig socket/bulb (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx:

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Owner Comments

May 212013

Malibu Maxx LS 3.5L V6

AND NOW I GET NOTICE OF 3 POTENTALLY DANGEROUS RECALLS. IF I HAVE AN ACCIDENT NOW, BECAUSE OF THE WARNINGS, IT'S MY FAULT? EL TORO POO-POO! FIX IT NOW OR GIVE ME A LOANER.

- , Lakeport, CA, USA

Jan 012008

Malibu Maxx

First of all let me say that with the exception of this problem, our 2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx has been an excellent car. My wife is in the military and has driven it to and from work for the past 10 years, Oh, we bought it new. Only had to buy tires and change oil for 267,000 miles' with that said, on to the problem.

Four years into the purchase we noticed that the lenses were melting and the bulbs started to blow, both running lights melted all the way through and I had to change bulbs every 3 or 4 months. Finally, I took a shot and assumed the it had to be the headlight assembly, so $500.00 dollars later I was happy! NOT, it lasted 3 weeks and they started melting again. This time I went to the Web and found a cornucopia of owner problems. Soooo, off to the dealer today where I find out they know all about it , imagine that!! Well they tell me GM has made new sockets to reduce the voltage going to the bulbs and new bulbs that don't get as hot.

OK, what the hell! It's only money! And actually it only cost me $54.00 for the parts, I'm doing it myself, they want $100.00 an hour to splice wires together!! Oh, by the way the new socket has three wires, the original has four. Both have a purple and brown wire, the new one has one black wire, the original has two black, so just connect the three black wires together. This from the dealer tech! It's also in the Bulletin. Alright, I'm going to hook up the new sockets and bulbs to the new headlight assembly's that I already bought and hope this fixes the problem.

- , Folkston, GA, USA