2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx:

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Owner Comments

Nov 142015

Malibu Maxx

I purchased a 2005 Malibu maxx from an used car dealer and the very next day the car lost the ability to accelerate and the traction control light turned on my instrument cluster. While the car was coming to a stop I noticed that it lost all power and the engine stopped running. The car would turn over but not start.

- Auburn, AL, USA

Oct 022015

Malibu Maxx

I took my car in on 9/3/15 for a recall on power steering torque sensor assembly, a brake component, and gear shift cable. My car had the issue of loosing power steering prior to me bringing it in on one occasion. After getting my car serviced at chuck hutton Chevy in memphis, tn for the recalls only one week later my car began making whining, grinding noises every time I turned the wheel. I first thought the car needed power steering fluid, however I was advised that since my car had an eps I couldn't put power steering fluid in the vehicle. I decided to take the car back to chuck hutton because I was not told when they did the repairs that anything else was wrong with my car. I assumed perhaps a mistake was made and a bolt was not put on properly. When I took the car back I was told that the car needed a power steering rack, new tires, and wheel alignment. My tires on my car are barely 6 months old and you can now see the thread and prior to taking my car to get the recalls done on it I had my car fully serviced in August. I feel that my car was tampered with. The servicing agent told me my car was leaking power steering fluid and the ps rack was badly worn down. But my car has an electric pump and their is no fluid to leak as the supervisor told me when I came to him to resolve my concerns. Yes, I tried to resolve the issue with the supervisor but was brushed off and told my car was old. As baldly as my car sounds I feel that if it was really wear and tear they would have seen it when they looked at my car the first time and notified me. I wasn't notified leaving me to believe my car was tampered with so that I would have to bring it back for expensive repairs. If not then what needs to be fixed could have caused an accident and killed me or my children because they didn't notify me there was a problem when I took it to them. Either they are negligent or crooked.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Dec 052014

Malibu Maxx 6-cyl

Took car to the Chevrolet dealership, for NHTSA id: 14V252000/GM safety recall: 13036, to correct the issues in the body control module which impacted the brake apply sensor. Now rear top brake lights no longer illuminate when the brake pedal is being pushed. Front low-beam headlights goes on and off while driving. Replaced both low-beam lights on 12/6/2014. Front low beam headlights still goes off and on intermittently. Also upon visual inspection, the turn signal blinkers have melted the yellow plastic inside the headlight. Brought back to the same Chevrolet dealership on 1/2/2015, for vehicle recall NHTSA id: 14V224000/GM safety recall 14152 to have the shift cable assembly and mounting bracket installed. I notified the dealership that I was having issues with the electrical system tied to the exterior lighting system. They could not provide me the reason for the fault.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

May 032010

The car is a wreck.

- Antioch , TN, USA

Jun 022011

Malibu Maxx 6-cyl

Complete and total lock up of power steering; battery light flicks on and then everything locks up until you replace the gas peddle for about 3 seconds. My lights randomly flash and rear bulbs on the driver side blow every 3 days. My turn signals will sporadically blink and the wiper blades go off with out warning or being prompted. Even with no keys near or in the car it will not turn over to start the car until you floor the gas peddle and hold it there for 3-5 seconds. My radio reads at -19* all the time and the cd player has never worked correctly. When going from 0 to 50 getting on the parkway (highway) the whole car locks up and loses power including the steering radio and lights unless you completely release the gas then start to go again. Im so highly frustrated and Chevy refuses to fix it even though these are all recalled problems but my VIN doesn't fall in there "bracket".

- Lakewood, NJ, USA

Nov 052007

Malibu Maxx 6-cyl

Loud "clunking" sound in steering column and loss of power assisted steering while driving. I have taken the vehicle for repair 5 times. Steering column has been replaced and electric steering gear. Still get a loud "clunk" when steering as well as loss of power assist. Car pulls to the right and I have to constantly steer left to stay straight. Dealership claims the steering is aligned and that they can no longer work on the vehicle, except to grease the steering column.

- Rice, TX, USA