1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Nov 032007

Monte Carlo LS 3100 Sfi V6

MY CAR'S BATTERY DIED BECAUSE OF THE LIGHT IN MY BROKEN GLOVE COMPARTMENT BOX.IT SAT UP FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS AND WHEN I FINALLY GOT A JUMP I DROVE IT FOR ABOUT 30 MINS AND IT SHUT OFF WHILE I WAS PARKING WHILE IT WAS STILL IN DRIVE ..I JUMPED IT AGAIN AND WHENEVER IT GOES IN DRIVE IT SHUTS DOWN. I FINALLY GOT IT TO START AGAIN AFTER JUMPING IT ONE LAST TIME AND THE SAME PROBLEM OCCURRED WHILE PARKING....WHAT COULD THE PROBLEM BE?

- , Merrillville, IN, USA

Oct 282007

Monte Carlo LS 3100 Sfi V6

The problem started when my battery went dead because the light in my glove compartment box wouldn't shut off.When i jumped the battery, i drove it for about 30 mins. but shut off while i was parking and the car was still in drive.Now every time i jump the battery and put it in drive it shuts off?what can the problem be?

- , Merrillville, IN, USA