8.0

2. replace the fuel sending unit (2 reports)
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Jan 112011

Monte Carlo SS

Gas gauge always says full. If it idles for about 5 min. or more it goes all the way to empty & the low fuel light comes on.

- , Wichita Falls, TX, USA

Jun 012012

Monte Carlo LS 3.4L 3400 V6

Too bad there is no code that the computer reads so I could know exactly. I have to estimate the miles per gallon so I don't run out.

- , Cleveland, OH, USA

Oct 012009

Monte Carlo LS 3.4L

Gas gauge would jump up and down and I would have to pay attention to my millage so I wouldn't run the car low on gas. I had to purchase a new fuel sending unit with pump. I had my mechanic do the repair for me so he could just put it on the lift and drop the gas tank. The sending unit and pump is all one unit located inside the tank so it's a pain in the a** repair.

- , Mattapoisett, MA, USA

Jun 012010

Monte Carlo SS 3.8L

the fuel gauge on this monte carlo ss 2001 going up hill it show full when at the bottom it was half a tank

Update from Jun 30, 2010: no change