1.5

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Nov 222012

Monte Carlo 6-cyl

I was stopped at a red light at the intersection of 31st street and la grange highway when I noticed smoke coming from under the hood of my car. I pulled into the cit-go gas station thinking my Monte Carlo was over heating. Then, flames began to come from the under the hood. I immediately called 911 and the la grange park police and fire department came within minutes. They had to saw my hood open to put the fire out and I immediately contacted GM. They notified me that my vehicle is in fact a recall and was negligent in sending me the registered vehicle owner any sort of notice of recall. GM is denying fault and refuses to repair the vehicle or grant any sort of responsibility or compensation. Although they are responsible for the manufacturer defect they still refuse liability.

- Chicago, IL, USA