1. spend money again (1 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Mar 042011

Monte Carlo SS 3.8L V6

Purchased my '03 MCSS straight outta the showroom in Dec '02. Loved it, still do even after 8 1/2 yrs with minor problems here & there. Main gripe about this car, in my opinion, Chevrolet really pinched pennies on the MCSS in regards to the brakes. Yesterday was the 5th time I've had to replace the brakes. I'm the only driver, & yes, I know how to properly use a brake pedal. After 8 1/2 yrs & 110,000, I feel 5x is excessive. Rotors had to be completely replaced this time as well. I think the original factory brakes used were just way too cheap to handle the weight of the vehicle.

- , Granite City, IL, USA