2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Dec 202004

Monte Carlo 6-cyl

Brake pedal went to floor, car would not stop. No warning lights came on. Noise from front right brakes when going forward or in reverse. Pedal to floor happened in good dry weather on both occasions. ABS was not active at time of incident. Took car to dealer and was repaired at no cost to me, car is under warranty and dealer gave me a loaner for the day. Dealer stated that "brake caliper was seized to pads".they cleaned and lubed "caliper sliders". dealer was very cooperative I have no complaints with the dealer, they were excellent. I bought the car brand new and it had 16,500 miles on it at time of problem. I am the only operator of this car. I wanted to inform the people cause I see there are several problems with brakes on this car type. I will update if problem happens again.

- Mercer, PA, USA