2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Comments

Jul 262006

Silverado 1500

My husband and I purchased a 2002 Chevy Silverado in the fall of 2002. In the fall of 2004, we noticed a knocking noise in the steering column when we would make turns. We had it checked out to find that the intermediate steering shaft was worn. After waiting 6 months to finally receive a phone call from the bill jacobs dealership in joliet, I called and found out that the part had been there and we proceeded to have the replacement made. I called the Chevrolet corporation and filed my complaint. Fourteen months after the replacement, the "new GM part" has worn out! I was told by the chev. Corp. That I would have to schedule for another test and then they would proceed after I contacted them with the results from the test. The dealership wants to charge us, the consumers, $105 to check it out. We do not feel we should pay out this money when we know exactly what the problem is. Why should we pay for a faulty part? there should be a recall on this part.

- Joliet, IL, USA

Mar 082005

Silverado 1500

Intermediate steering shaft clunking noise.

- Suffolk, VA, USA

Feb 192004

Silverado 1500 8-cyl

There was a knocking noise in the steering shaft. Dealership replaced the bearings, but the noise recurred. Then, dealership replaced the shaft.

- Talala, OK, USA

Dec 122003

Silverado 1500

When turning left or right a noise was heard. Dealer cleaned and lubricated the steering shaft. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado experienced a noise when turning left or right. Vehicle was taken to the dealer and no problem was found but the steering shaft was cleaned and lubricated.

- Chase City, VA, USA