2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Comments

Sep 212016

Silverado 1500

On Sept 21 2016 I arrived at my home. I drove up my gravel driveway in D(drive) and slowed to a stop and my truck began to roll backward under my control. I was checking on the ground for lawn damage. The truck shuttered twice, shut off and started to roll backward toward a tree. I quickly regained control with a panic stop. I was able to place the truck in park and restart the truck. I had lost control of the truck.

- Kittery, ME, USA

Apr 152016

Silverado 1500

I park in a 5 level parking garage. Several months ago, I was leaving when I came up to the ramp to the next lower level. I let off on the accelerator before I went from flat to lowering ramp. The truck shifted up to second gear, accelerated and through me toward the vehicle in front. The truck went out of my control. If I were not a safe driver I would have struck the vehicle. This issue has occurred another time as well. There have been other problems which are numerous. I will address them individual in further complaints.

- Kittery, ME, USA

May 172015

Silverado 1500

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. While driving 10 mph, the accelerator pedal was depressed and the vehicle accelerated in excess. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the wiring harness, part of the transmission, and multiple other parts needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. In addition, while driving at a very low speed, "haul gears" displayed on the message board as the vehicle switched into a low gear independently. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The failure mileage was 3,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Cyprus, TX, USA

Jun 012016

Silverado 1500

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Upon depressing the accelerator pedal, the vehicle was extremely slow to accelerate with a drastic reduction in speed without warning. The vehicle was taken to two dealers who were unable to replicate and diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and provided no recommendation or repair solution. The failure mileage was not available.

- Lancaster, NY, USA

Apr 272016

Silverado 1500

A reproducible condition exists when the driver removes their foot from the gas pedal, then quickly engages cruise control, then pushes the minus (-) button repeatedly to decelerate the cruise control, that the vehicle cruise locks up and flips back and forth between the desired speed and the original set speed, and does not decelerate. This can occur for several seconds, where the driver believes they are decelerating the cruise control but it is locked at its original setting, which could lead to an accident.

- Bethel, ME, USA

Nov 052015

Silverado 1500

While driving my 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 ltz with a 5.3 liter motor the RPM of the engine act erratic, it will increase and decrease RPM at will, I would say that it surges about 75 to 150 RPM, it especially does this going uphill. It is unsafe to be driving a vehicle that acts in this manner because you can't control the way you want to drive, I took it back to the dealer and they are trying to convince me that this is normal, which I know it is not normal, GM needs to figure this out and correct the problem.

- Washington, CT, USA

Aug 292015

Silverado 1500

I purchased a brand new 2015 Chevy Silverado and in the first week I had it, while driving, the truck just simply completely shut off. Dealer claims they have never heard of this and after keeping truck for days stated could not find any issues. About one month later remotes not working and truck warning that emergency brake is on even though it was released. Could not get to register that emergency brake was off and while driving none of the turn signals were working as to truck warning to pull over due to vehicle emergency brake was on. I have only made one payment on this new vehicle and truck has already been in shop 2X.I need your help, please as dealer not helping me and I do not feel safe in this truck. I should not have to worry about it turning of or anything else as to being a brand new vehicle. I have attempted to speak with several managers and one just stated to me" that is why you have warranty and just keep eye on it." Since all this I have searched on the internet, and discovered that this has happened with other Silverado.. ed bozart chevrolett still claims no knowledge of this. Please help me. I feel this is potential accident issue. The first issued happened while driving on craig road which could have been really bad as this is a 45 mph road, luckily it was a weekend and not busy. I don't know what else to do. Spending over $40,000 on this truck not expecting to feel unsafe while driving.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA