2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Comments

Dec 282014

Silverado 1500

My truck had approximately 10 miles when I purchased it in Dec 2014 and has been in the shop pretty much ever since. Immediately after purchasing the vehicle, I felt a very substantial vibration around 76+ mph. Initially, 2 tires were replaced and balanced; that did not correct the problem. Then the dealership indicated that GM said I have to put 500lbs in the back of the truck and the vibration will stop; this is not even remotely practical. Subsequently, the tires have been rotated and force balanced several times throughout the past 2 yrs. In June 2016, the dealership stated the problem was that the tires were mounted on the rims incorrectly and replaced all four tires and balanced them; the vibration continued. After trying to schedule another appointment with the dealership over the same issue, they will no longer call me back. I have attempted to schedule an appointment at least 8 times within the past month to no avail. Several people have indicated the problem is quite possibly the drive shaft B/C the entire truck vibrates while driving down the road. Therefore, I took my vehicle to another dealership where they told me I need to rotate and balance the tires. After discussing the history of the truck with them and requested the service dept. Check the drive shaft, they stated the service manager said it is not the drive shaft (which was not inspected to my knowledge) and told me the tires need to be forced balanced and they could not help me. This dealership referred me to another dealership for assistance. I have been fighting this issue for almost 2 years now and cannot get help. Further, neither of the dealerships have made me aware of the bulletin and have not tried anything past the replacing & balancing the tires. The vibration is so bad other things in my truck are starting to come loose and vibrate.

- Tickfaw, LA, USA

Jan 012016

Silverado 1500

Purchased new 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in January of 2016. Experienced a vibration at all speeds from the very beginning of purchase. Vibration gets worse at higher speeds. Vehicle came with steel wheels from the factory. Vibration can be felt in the seat and seen in the center console. Vibration is coming from rear of vehicle. Replaced wheels and tires with aftermarkets. The aftermarkets were bigger and heavier and made vibration extremely worse. After assuring that I wasn't dealing with a problem with the new wheels and tires, I put the factories back on and took the vehicle to dealership and reported the problem. The vehicle was in the shop for 3 1/2 months. The vehicle failed pico scope tests. They put several new tires on the vehicle, changed both rear axles, and changed ring and pinion in rear end. These steps helped reduce the vibration, but did not totally resolve the issue. They then decided to put aluminum wheels on the truck, which helped reduce the vibration down to barely noticeable. My concern is by putting the lighter wheel on the vehicle to reduce the vibration, they are only masking the problem, since the heavier the wheel/tire assembly, the worse the vibration. They are telling me they do not have to do anything else to the vehicle. General Motors has told me they are not going to pursue the issue any further. They tell me they know there is an issue but not sure what it is and since it is not a safety issue they have honored the warranty. How do they know that it's not a safety issue if they don't know what the problem is. I believe they know exactly what the problem is and they are passing it on to the consumer. There was no disclosure of the issues with these trucks upon purchase. I do not feel safe in this truck and fear future problems with the issue. Also, the truck on several occasions has down shifted abnormally causing rpms to rise.

- Lumberton, TX, USA

Nov 282015

Silverado 1500

It has a shake that is making me nauseous and sometimes feeling dizzy. Very noticeable 65 ~ 75 mph since new

- Salisbury, MA, USA

Feb 092016

Silverado 1500

The transmission hesitates when shifting in automatic but when in manual mode it shifts fine with no issues. This has been a on going issue and problem the service center for a local dealership can not find the issue. But there is something going on with the transmission.

- Byron, GA, USA

Jun 232016

Silverado 1500

Vehicle was in four when drive low stopped and got out to open a gate heard a lou pop looked back it was rolling backwards went about 200 feet with a trailer hooked to it the trailer flipped around hit the side of the truck made another loud sound and it stopped. We are being told nothing is wrong with it. Another time had it in low four when drive and it kept rolling in park. The vehicle was parked. And when we got to it the gear shift was still in park.

- Valley Springs, AR, USA

Aug 242015

Silverado 1500

I am concerned about the excessive shaking/vibration in this 2015 Chevy Silverado and, thus far, GM customer service and the dealership have no resolution in sight. The problem has been occuring at highway speeds (most notable above 73 mph) since the truck was purchased Aug 2015. As they can't identify the cause of the problem, I can't be sure the origin is or is not a safety-reated concern. The dealership has balanced, re-balanced, rotated, and road pressure tested tires to no avail. Even tried a new set of tires off of a 2016 model to no avail. As this matter continues and doesn't appear to be tire-related, I'm worried that the issue may be in the suspension and will, at some point, cause or create a catastrophic failure.

- Yoakum, TX, USA

Sep 172015

Silverado 1500

The truck has a constant vibration at highway speeds. Two different dealers have verified the problem, GM field engineers verified there is an issue, and the engineer recommended the dealer change rear end parts, still no fix. Two different dealers felt roadforce balancing the tires would help; it has not. The truck also makes a chirping noise when transitioning from 4 cylinders back to 8 cylinders.

- Windsor, CT, USA

Jan 082015

Silverado 1500

7 pin trailer conector is maufactures and install upside down on all Silverado trucks since at least 2014 and possilbly 2013. The door holds the plug in; howerver the door flipping down the plug and bouce and become disconnected. This connextion plays a vital roleinlights and braking. Both can and will be lost GM egineers are arware of the issue however are not fixingit

- Pottstown, PA, USA

May 092016

Silverado 1500

Kids locked in my truck, in my driveway after remote start. (reproducible) my kids got locked in my car a few weeks ago where the unlock button wasn┐T working, I thought it was a fluke until it happened to me again. I was getting ready to take my 15 year old son to school. I unlocked the car so he could put his stuff in, and shortly after I remote started the car. My older son was in the car at the time I remote started the car, while I continued to get my younger 4 year old ready in the house. When I came back to the car with my son, my hands were full and I asked my son to unlock the car. He pressed the unlock button and nothing happened, and the door remained locked with him inside. He could not unlock the car doors to get out! (I do have video of this and can reproduce the problem it at any time) let's understand the severity of this issue: What if he got sick in the car, or had to use the bathroom, or medical emergency" what if my son was eating breakfast and choked on something while I was inside for 5-10 minutes getting my younger son ready" robb delaney 368 edgewood drive hiram, ga 30141 678-481-2498

- Hiram, GA, USA

Apr 012015

Silverado 1500

Combo 4 pin and 7 pin trailer connection is upside down. This may result in the loss of trailer lights and brakes. With connection upside down the 7 pin door will not hold plug in tightly and cause the brake and ground pins to possible disconnect. Loosing brakes while pulling a heaving load is a serious safety issue. Plug needs to be inverted to ensure the door latch holds the plug at the high point and weight of the cord holds the plug in tightly dealer is aware of the issue and GM engineer is aware of the issue.. neither has yet to fix. Same design exists on 2013 and 2014 Silverado's 1500, 2500 and 3500.

- Pottstown, PA, USA

Mar 292016

Silverado 1500

When driving a message on my information center pops up which states that taking my eyes off the road can cause a accident, ect. This makes me take my eyes off the road to see it and again to delete it. So this is a hazzard. GM said there is nothing in the owners manual about it, and engineering thinks that it happens when I touch a button on the insturment panel when driving. But it happens to appear when im driving on the highway and have not touched any control button., this is a serious distraction. Since I cannot duplicate it because it happens at random, when it does occur again I will take a picture of it. The message will not cancel on its own and blockes everything on the message center until I manually shut it off

- Brooklyn, WI, USA

Jan 202016

Silverado 1500

I purchased a brand new 2015 silveradeo on 7/24/15 and at about 700 miles or so I noticed a bad vibration as the truck was in motion, took it back to the dealer cause I was very upset it being an $56,000 truck and all. They wanted me to leave the truck overnight and did not offer any vehicle to drive so I did not leave it with them. So I took the truck to ratfield tire and had the tire's balanced, all 4 tire's were out of balance, which I paid for out of pocket myself not GM.... this didnot fix the problem of the severe vibration going down the road. I then took the truck to another dealer for the vibration, they test drove it and confirmed the vibration, did a road force balance on all 4 wheels, then replaced all tire's, this also has not fixed the problem, the truck is still vibrating, the entire seat just shakes, I am presently waiting on another appointment with dealer. The service manager told me himself after replacing all 4 tire's that it felt like a balance issue inside the motor which there is no fix, now that is crazy...I fell that this truck should be replaced or my money back entirely.the truck only has a little over 2000 miles cause it makes me sick to drive it....

- Gordon, GA, USA

Aug 292015

Silverado 1500

I purchased a brand new 2015 Chevy Silverado and in the first week I had it, while driving, the truck just simply completely shut off. Dealer claims they have never heard of this and after keeping truck for days stated could not find any issues. About one month later remotes not working and truck warning that emergency brake is on even though it was released. Could not get to register that emergency brake was off and while driving none of the turn signals were working as to truck warning to pull over due to vehicle emergency brake was on. I have only made one payment on this new vehicle and truck has already been in shop 2X.I need your help, please as dealer not helping me and I do not feel safe in this truck. I should not have to worry about it turning of or anything else as to being a brand new vehicle. I have attempted to speak with several managers and one just stated to me" that is why you have warranty and just keep eye on it." Since all this I have searched on the internet, and discovered that this has happened with other Silverado.. ed bozart chevrolett still claims no knowledge of this. Please help me. I feel this is potential accident issue. The first issued happened while driving on craig road which could have been really bad as this is a 45 mph road, luckily it was a weekend and not busy. I don't know what else to do. Spending over $40,000 on this truck not expecting to feel unsafe while driving.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 312015

Silverado 1500

When driving 68mph or above the whole inside of the vehicle vibrates like a wheel is out of balance. I was told by a Chevy dealer that the drive shaft is wobbling & that's causing the vibration. And GM says it's normal.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jun 012015

Silverado 1500

I purchased a new 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500hd duramax crew cab lt from auto nation of pembroke pines Florida and at about a week or two of driving it I started to notice a bump/clunk from the rear of the truck just as I would come to a complete stop. It also does it just apon a strong acceleration. The vehicle had about 500 miles on it when I started to notice this. I brought the vehicle in for the first oil change at about 4K miles and told the service guy what was going on. He said they would test drive it. When I picked it up he said they could find anything wrong. I think it's the slip yoke sticking and needs to be lubricated or replaced. Some of the older truck had this issue.

- Cooper City , FL, USA

Jun 302015

Silverado 1500

This is the 10th time this has happened, and 3rd time the vehicle has entered the service center. Own a 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab Z71, and when attempting to start the vehicle, it does not turn over, indicating that there is a theft deterrent issue. The first time the dealer was unable to replicate the issue or error code. The second time several error codes were present, which the dealer reset. This appeared to fix the issue, until 1 month later the issue presented itself again. The vehicle is currently with the dealer on it's third repair attempt. This can be very unsafe for a vehicle since in an emergency need the vehicle could be incapable of being driven.

- Sioux City, IA, USA

Mar 202015

Silverado 1500

My name is salvador vargas and I am the owner of the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado lt that I leased on January 31, 2015 from huntington Chevrolet located at 370 oakwood rd, huntington station, NY 11746 (877) 415-8697. I noticed in March when the weather started getting warmer that the air conditioning was not working properly. I brought the vehicle into new rochelle Chevrolet located at 291 main St, new rochelle, NY 10801 (914) 730-9960 to have the A/C serviced, and it was discovered there was no freon. After having the freon put into the A/C system I noticed very strong fumes coming into the cabin. The vehicle was brought back into new rochelle Chevrolet twice to have the problem solved. I have the appropriate paperwork to validate the service. The 2 services at new rochelle did not fix the problem. The smell is unbearable and possibly toxic, and still coming into the cabin as of today.

- New Rochelle, NY, USA