2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Comments

Jun 012015

Silverado 1500

Excessive vibrations while driving. Mainly on the highway. Been to 2 different dealers with no resolution to my issues! don't feel safe with driving the truck I think my Chevy has the a case of the Chevy shakes! please help

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Aug 012016

Silverado 1500

My 2015 Silverado 1500 is equipped with Goodyear Wrangler ls-2 tires, in size 265/65R18. When driving in wet weather, taking a mild right or left hand turn can result in complete loss of traction, resulting in the truck spinning 90 to 180 degrees. This happens at low speeds - you do not have to be driving at a speed that most people would deem as unsafe. In wet weather the tires act as though you are driving on ice, very little wet weather traction, resulting in the possibility of loss of control. I have experienced this at least 6 times in the last 3 months, and have little confidence in these tires. I feel they are a safety hazard, and I am concerned that I could be involved in an accident as a result of the lack of wet weather traction with these tires.

- Elyria, OH, USA

Apr 262016

Silverado 1500

My Silverado has developed a vibration around 4-5000 miles from new. The vibration starts around 60mph and increases in intensity up to and beyond 80mph, the legal speed limit in Texas. The vibration can be felt throughout the cabin in the seats, center console, steering wheel, doors and gas pedal. On my last 3+ hour drive I had to stop midway because the vibrations gave me a headache. That's never happened in any other vehicle ever. After 3 visits to the dealer and multiple road force balance and tire replacements later the dealer states the truck is operating normal and is in spec. This is unacceptable for a brand new vehicle and I'm working on taking it to the next level with GM to deal with the problem.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Aug 012015

Silverado 1500

Has a vibration at 65, turns into a bad shake at 75.

- Kirklin, IN, USA

Oct 242015

Silverado 1500

On October 24, 2015 while following my wife home on hwy 182 between West pasco and richland my truck experience what felt like a tire blowout on the right rear wheel. I was traveling the speed limit at 70 mph. The road was level and flat with no debris on the road. I proceeded to change out my tire with the spare, thinking that the tire had a large bolt or nail in it. To my surprise, the tire was intact with no sign of damage. The factory rim had failed. Here are the facts of the situation: ¿2015 Chevrolet Silverado lt Z71 with 12,366 miles 'smooth highway surface on a clear day traveling straight at 70 mph with no debris on the road ¿not hauling or towing 'single occupant in vehicle ¿the tire is intact (not damaged at all) ¿no damage to the right front wheel or tire or any other part of the vehicle 'severe damage to the right rear rim ¿rim impacted the brake system hard enough to bend parts and cause leaking of brake fluid

- West Richland, WA, USA