6.9

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Comments

Oct 062016

Silverado 1500

I purchased my truck in August 2016. I noticed a vibration from 70-80 mph. Very noticeable in the steering wheel and more recently in the driver seat. It's been to the dealer twice. They picoscoped (service tool) to isolate the vibration. Performed lots of balancing, new tires, drive shaft, differential (ring & pinion). Vibration more noticeable than ever. But they claim it's within spec. They have a field service engineer meeting my car at the dealer on Wednesday 11/09/2016, but the dealer is already setting me up for disappointment. This prompted me to search on line today where I found "Chevy shakes". the stories match my experience completely. I love everything about my truck until I hit 75, then I become so infuriated that my $50K truck with 2,700 miles apparently isn't going to be fixable from what I've read. I wouldn't know what to tell a potential buyer if for some reason I had to sell it. It clearly has a problem. If I'm told it can't be fixed, I will demand my money back. I'm at 75 every day, and the vibration isn't only annoying, but it numbs your hands from the shaking.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Aug 142016

Silverado 1500

The contact owns a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado hd. While driving 35 mph, the steering failed and the service stabilitrac warning indicator illuminated. The contact lost control of the steering as the steering wheel veered in the opposite direction. The contact was able T O pull the vehicle over as it stalled while still in drive. The contact was able to restart the vehicle the first time after one minute and all the warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was diagnosed and it was determined that the steering cable was loose and sparking the computer system. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 23,500.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Apr 202016

Silverado 1500

Entire instrument cluster went out while driving causing loss of needed information such as speed and other pertinent information. Dealer says there is a tsb that the entire truck has to be re-flashed including all modules in the vehicle because it does not recognize the instrument cluster. During this time, all safety systems flashed and appeared to be inactive. Air bag, traction control, ABS, trailer braking etc. This needs to be investigated to see if a recall must happen. If we got in an accident during this occurrence who knows if any of the safety systems on the vehicle were functioning.

- Ionia, MI, USA